Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
jotheman
Sleeper.
jotheman began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max2, Kinde Voyage, reMarkable, Dasung Paperlike Pro
Arrow Delete Files Hack

Hi,

why is there no hack to add support for manipulating files, e.g. delte them on the reader? Could be added to the "utilities" menu.

Is it a technological limitation or has just noone tried to do it yet?

Greetings,

jo.
jotheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
jotheman
Sleeper.

kacir was kind enough to point me to this hack. I haven't tried it yet. I'm a little afraid that it will let me loose Chinese support again. Does anyone know exactly what it does an wether or not already installed hacks will remain active?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:28 AM   #3
lionfish
Connoisseur
lionfish doesn't litterlionfish doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotheman View Post
kacir was kind enough to point me to this hack. I haven't tried it yet. I'm a little afraid that it will let me loose Chinese support again. Does anyone know exactly what it does an wether or not already installed hacks will remain active?
Use HackBuilder to build a new hack, it won't conflict with the Font hack.

Actually, you can merge the two hacks into one by copying the Font hack (make_opt.sh & the new font files) to the HackBuilder's hack.
lionfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
N.B.: don't use it if you use collections.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you have collections, there is a chance using this hack to delete eBooks could brick your reader. The best idea is to STAY AWAY FROM IT!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
jotheman
Sleeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you have collections, there is a chance using this hack to delete eBooks could brick your reader. The best idea is to STAY AWAY FROM IT!
Thanks for the warning. If I place the files on a SD card, there is no danger, because collections are only for files in the internal memory.

I'm using it already and it works nicely.