Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-20-2007, 10:26 PM   #121
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
Looks like a windows bug i'll uploaded a fixed version later.
Thank you! I am very interesting in trying this with some LIT files converted to HTML that have the seperate contents file.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 AM   #122
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
OK uploaded 0.3.34 that should work on Windows. That's three hours of my life wasted. Could some OSX user try it as well?

Note to self: Remember not to wander anywhere you're likely to meet Billy The Goat in a deserted alleyway.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2007, 06:28 AM   #123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK uploaded 0.3.34 that should work on Windows. That's three hours of my life wasted. Could some OSX user try it as well?

Note to self: Remember not to wander anywhere you're likely to meet Billy The Goat in a deserted alleyway.
Seems to work now under Windows.

Couple of quick questions....

How do I change the margins so it uses less margin in the LRF?

How can I change the font size? I tried changing the font size in the HTML and it didn't work in the paragraphs that had the font size changed from 12 point to 14 point.

Edit: I think some of these problems are due to the css. I'll have to have a look at it.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-21-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:22 AM   #124
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At the moment the margins are hard coded. Open a bug report and I'll add an option to change them. Try the --font-delta options

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 05-21-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:02 PM   #125
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
... Try the --font-delta options
Have you fixed the font-delta option to affect more than just headers? Last I tried it, my body text stayed the same size and only chapter headers got smaller (or larger).
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2007, 03:05 PM   #126
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I have yet to see an example file on which --font-delta fails.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #127
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

A quick questing regarding auto rotation of images. DO people generally prefer the images to be rotated clockwise or counter clockwise? IOW, when look at a landscape image on the reader do you prefer to have the page turn buttons above or below the screen?
Old 05-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #128
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Released v0.3.36 with various bugs squashed. Please upgrade to this version before filing any bug reports.

EDIT: Atleast it will be released as soon as my computer exits swapland
Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 AM   #129
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Wow! HTML2LRF really has come a long way. Just ran it on Gutenberg etext 21511, which has heavy & awkward formatting, and it produces a truly great looking BBeB with zero editing.

Last edited by FangornUK; 05-22-2007 at 09:20 AM.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #130
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
I have yet to see an example file on which --font-delta fails.
Well... It didn't work a few weeks ago (I sent you that example). I hadn't checked since. And... It's working beautifully now! I must not have noticed when you fixed it.
Hmmm... It didn't work a few weeks ago, but does now... Thank you for great software service. More Karma for Kovid!
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:05 PM   #131
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah the only feature missing now is embedded fonts. After that is implemented, I'm declaring html2lrf to be in purely bugfix mode.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #132
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I do have one question... How can I add headers and footers to an HTML document so they come out properly in the resulting LRF file? I'd like to have headers and footers like I can get with Book Designer. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #133
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There is no support for custom headers. But you can have the title and author appear in the top right corner with the header option.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #134
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Thanks! That will do pretty well. Would it be ok if I put in one more enhancement request for title's as footers?
Old 05-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #135
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome to add the request but it's probably not going to be honored as I'm switching focus to getting libprs500 ready for 0.4.0.

Tags
html2lrf, libprs500