Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Back from Europe

Yeah, I am back. Back in my own home, enjoying the summer heat & humidity in Queensland. Thanks to the cool 40 degrees Celcius difference between me departing Germany and arriving in Australia, I have now a full blown cold and am grumpy. Nose is running, head is aching and throat is sore. But nevertheless, I had a marvelous time in Europe, especially catching up with my family.

My Sony PRS600 travelled with me, and wow, was it a good choice to get a reader beforehand. All the books I had with me and didn't read. Maybe loading it up with that many was a bit ambitious but I did manage to read 8 books and start another 4 (I love jumping between books).

The reader served me best while standing in the cold in line to get into the various museum - and it kept on working!!!

In Berlin, I assisted an interested buyer with some information about the reader and file formats (all the information I didn't know before I got mine). Even the salesperson was interested. And I referred them to this forum. Who knows, maybe they already popped in.

The only negative point travelling with my Sony was that I couldn't charge it via powerpoint / USB. Sure, that might be something other people know, I didn't. Pain in the neck to have either a computer handy or carry yet another cable. But we got around it after buying a variety of cables (blaming the powerpoints or the cables for not charging the thing).

Europe was cold but I thorougly enjoyed the travelling, meeting people and the food. Oh the food. How do I miss the heavy European winterfoods that just don't work here in Australia due to the heat / warmth of the outside temperature. And Lebkuchen (gingerbread) and Gluehwein (mulled wine) just taste soooo much better in the cold.

But I'm back and slowly getting back into the routine.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome back, Katti's Cat!

It sounds like you had a great time (well, not the part about being cold and getting a cold ).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Thanks Dreams, I am glad to be back and am looking forward to get back into MR again.

Had a great (mostly) trip. And the cold got me back home, so I don't count it
Old 01-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome back. My wife and I just git back from two weeks in South America (Buenos Aires & Rio) where it was in the 80s and 90s (Fahrenheit). Here it's freezing! Should have stayed.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
welcome home.

I am also very promiscuous when it comes to my reading. I jump between books and find myself reading 2 or 3 at any given time. I can't really fathom myself starting and sticking with only one book at a time.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Welcome back. My wife and I just git back from two weeks in South America (Buenos Aires & Rio) where it was in the 80s and 90s (Fahrenheit). Here it's freezing! Should have stayed.
Oh very nice - did you enjoy South America? It is still on my travel list but somehow I'm always short of cash and even shorter of time.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
Katti's Cat
Wizard

In case you remember

I mentioned before leaving for Europe, that we (daughter & myself) were invited to a Winterball and also, that my dance partner (blind date) was a no-show. In that threat I got asked for a picture - be warned: here it is.

We had all a phantastic time and danced till the feet smoked.

The no-show must have gotten so many SMS from people who were disgusted by his behaviour, that I am sure he has now a new phone number (I didn't hold back on telling that I got stood up nor in handing out his mobile phone number in case I got asked )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winterball.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	366.2 KB
ID:	43488  
Old 01-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Welcome back Katti's cat. Did we ever here the ending of the winterball story?

*edit* I asked one minute too late
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Nice gowns, Katti's Cat!
Isn't it amazing how a family resemblance shows so strongly in photos. Your facial features are amazingly alike.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Nice gowns, Katti's Cat!
Isn't it amazing how a family resemblance shows so strongly in photos. Your facial features are amazingly alike.
I know dreams - strong genes always will show
Old 01-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ahhhhh! *sigh* I need a Chrsitmas season in Nuremburg again!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:59 AM   #12
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Welcome back, Katti! And don't dare skip Munich again next time you are in Europe
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:12 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Welcome back, Katti! And don't dare skip Munich again next time you are in Europe
I always skip Munich!

Oh wait, I've been there once... When we took the sleep train from Berlin to Vienna. That train went to Munich...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:29 AM   #14
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I always skip Munich!
I could show you Neuschwanstein and the Hofbräuhaus. Hm, tempting??
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:51 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I could show you Neuschwanstein and the Hofbräuhaus. Hm, tempting??
Neuschwanstein does ring a bell (a castle, right?), but Hofbräuhaus????? If I were to translate it, Royal Brewery House?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote