Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
Pindle
Pindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New Kindle reader offering free 3g

Long time reader first time poster saw this great kindle update wanted to share.
Source: http://www.reviewtablets.com/kindle-...functionality/

Good things coming our way.
Pindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
New Kindle reader offering free 3g
Hasn't the Kindle always offered free 3G??
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This is a silly article. It's way too late and the picture is of a K2 and not a K3.

The Kindle has always had free 3G except for the new wifi only model.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Pindle
Pindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is a silly article. It's way too late and the picture is of a K2 and not a K3.

The Kindle has always had free 3G except for the new wifi only model.
Oh i didnt know nvm
Pindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Welcome to MobileRead Pindle.

But yes, way outdated info in that article. Good things might be coming our way though. Maybe a color screen or something.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindle View Post
Long time reader first time poster
If you were a long time reader, you should know that Kindle has always had free 3G.

Just callin' it like I see it...
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
in other news: apple is making a phone with a touch screen! A freaking touch screen people!
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
in other news: apple is making a phone with a touch screen! A freaking touch screen people!

No freaking way.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
The man was happy to share that with us...
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 AM   #10
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Welcome to MobileRead Pindle.

But yes, way outdated info in that article. Good things might be coming our way though. Maybe a color screen or something.
Maybe they'll add a VGA adapter so that I can use my Kindle as a monitor. :hopeful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
OMG That's revolutionary!!! I mean.. touch screen is cool.. phones are cool. Who else but Apple would have thought of combining the two?!
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:52 AM   #11
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
When I tell people that they can get free internet on their Kindle's they always seem surprised. I wouldn't recommend the Kindle as their main computer, but for reading and checking emails it's perfectly fine.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
Dallista
Connoisseur
Dallista doesn't litterDallista doesn't litter

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
When I tell people that they can get free internet on their Kindle's they always seem surprised.
Unfortunately, the problem with that is, when you're talking about 3G, this isn't actually true for a lot of people.
I really, really wish I had 3G internet (free or otherwise) on my Kindle, but alas, it only works on holidays to some countries.
Dallista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:22 AM   #13
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
When I tell people that they can get free internet on their Kindle's they always seem surprised. I wouldn't recommend the Kindle as their main computer, but for reading and checking emails it's perfectly fine.
When I tell people that they can get free internet, they ask if they can tether it to their computer.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In other news, if Amazon does come out with a color reader, it may be Android powered and LCD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In other news, if Amazon does come out with a color reader, it may be Android powered and LCD.
May be? I'd say the fact they now have an Android App store pushed "may" into "is likely to" or "surely will".
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote