Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #16
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
It's an interesting device, not for reading of course. But I think I do want one. Probably wait for the next iteration though.
And, here it is:

not :~)
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #17
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post

WHTART!!!! I am mostly interested for the fact that it allowd me to make uyse of tablety touch tech while also giving keyboarffd functionallity, ytour link is an ad so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:40 AM   #18
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Quote:
WHTART!!!! I am mostly interested for the fact that it allowd me to make uyse of tablety touch tech while also giving keyboarffd functionallity, ytour link is an ad so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow, dude definately feel free to have another bucket or two of gin when you post. hahaha...just teasing as I am the king of poor fingering on the keyboard and not even double checking.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
...just teasing as I am the king of poor fingering on the keyboard...
Same here, but I make up for it by having great fingering elsewhere; but we shan't go there.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #20
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Same here, but I make up for it by having great fingering elsewhere; but we shan't go there.
Eww, too late...especially given your username.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #21
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Soooo, you are saying you own a lot of Gillette stock? Or do ya tickle the old ivories?

Careful you don't prick your finger, or vice-versa.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #22
ppw
Connoisseur
ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ppw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle DXG, iPad 3
It is on sale now at Target, though it is a preorder. But the price seems good.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1093844/
ppw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #23
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppw View Post
It is on sale now at Target, though it is a preorder. But the price seems good.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1093844/
Thank you!

I have been debating about getting one since it sold out, and the $40.00 off + 5% back made the decision.
Now I just have to sit back, wait "2 to 4 weeks", and look around for the keyboard dock.

Eric
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #24
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsebs View Post
Thank you!

I have been debating about getting one since it sold out, and the $40.00 off + 5% back made the decision.
Now I just have to sit back, wait "2 to 4 weeks", and look around for the keyboard dock.

Eric
I've read bad things about the connector, Personally I'd rather do with a wireless interface between the keyboard and tablet, with a little tablet holder on top of the keyboard. Although you'd be giving up the extra battery in the keyboard??
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:48 AM   #25
grumpy3b
Banned

Quote:
I've read bad things about the connector, Personally I'd rather do with a wireless interface between the keyboard and tablet, with a little tablet holder on top of the keyboard. Although you'd be giving up the extra battery in the keyboard??
Only problems I have with Bluetooth keyboards is I type far faster than they can display the text. Well, at least the BT keyboards I've used, which is only around a half-dozen. Hopefully there might be something faster in new versions. But the keyboard buffer thing is a common complaint by touch typists who hit 100-wpm or more.

I love the idea of a BT keyboard so if this is better I would love to know from anyone who can confirm a nice fast BT keyboard. Otherwise I will go with a hard dock in whatever slate PC I end up with.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:27 AM   #26
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
If you can handle the extra weight and want a real PC, a convertible tablet PC is not a bad choice. I use mine as a computer during the day and a tablet in the evening.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #27
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Here's a positive review in yesterday's Toronto Globe & Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2029715/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #28
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I own the TF and the dock and it has taken the place of my much larger laptop. It easily handles all my word processing and research. In tablet mode it's my primary reading device, as the stinkbugs are too numerous here to spend quality time outside. Press Display (for newspapers) is great. The screen is so clear and just big enough. You still have to click on the article but you can easily read by zooming in. The screen is probably the best of any of the current 10" Android tablets.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Kindle as an eInk reader but Android tablets are capable of competing.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 PM   #29
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Well I have some first impressions from my new 1/2 TF or Eee Pad (no Dock yet).

First, first impression "Hey! Why did Newegg send me an empty box?" "Maybe it's
just the Micro-SD card?, but why the big box?" This thing is really lighter than I
expected.

Second, first impression "I can use it as a trailer mirror on my pick-up." Do screen
wipes come in a large economy size? But, the finger prints don't seem to show
when the screen is lit up.

Third, first impression "What gives, this doesn't work anything like my XP desktop."
This Honeycomb 3.1 is going to take some getting used to. There does seem like a
lot it can do, but there is still the "old dog, new trick" issue to overcome. I have the
feeling that I will like it better than the Win Mobile 6.1 on my PDA, once I get used to
it.

Forth, first impression "This is one heck of a WiFi workhorse!" It definitely had no
problems from anyplace, in my admittedly smallish place, or at anytime over some
extended use. I can't wait to see how it does when I get a Wireless DLNA setup
going. (Parts on Order)

Fifth, first impression "Google rules this thing." Not sure that is good or bad yet.

Sixth, first impression "Some Liberal collage student must have programmed this
thing, before they sent it to me!" A major overhaul of the selections made, is in
order. It's not just the music and YouTube, there are all kinds of things this thing
is able to access and present for your perusal, most an old fogy like me had never
encountered before. It may not be all the device's fault, I don't think NRAnews even
has an Android App, yet.

Seventh, first impression "The GPS works great and is very well integrated into this
thing." Google certainly has had their hand in this, the Latitude App is especially
neat with finding things around your location or any location you want.

Eighth, first impression "WOW..It really plays my high density Main profile SD
H.264/AVC well!" Not all devices can keep up with these .mp4 files.

Ninth, first impression "Kinda odd to hold." Not something specific to this device, just
the form factor itself. It's been a long time since I carried a clipboard around and it's
something like that.

Tenth, and last, first impression "Some kind of case, or slip cover might be in order."
That large screen just looks like an accident waiting to happen. Once I get the Dock,
that probably won't be an issue.

That's all, now back to my drawing board for that solar charging slipcover case.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-10-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:10 AM   #30
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
Off topic but could not resist: http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/.

Last edited by corona; 06-10-2011 at 12:29 AM.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote