Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #16
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
The idea of a free Kindle would probably make me more likely to use Prime. I've never done it (although have used the free trials I seem to get once a year) because I generally always purchase $25 worth of stuff when I do buy things, and the free shipping generally gets to me in 3 days anyway (I live relatively close to a couple of distribution centers).
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #17
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
Is amazon prime really worth it in the UK or Australia?
It doesn't seem to be worth it in Canada.
Isn't shipping only within the continental US?
That might be true when using the Amazon.com website, but in the UK using the Amazon UK website, it means free 'one-day' delivery to mainland UK addresses for most items sold by Amazon UK, and reduced cost upgrade to Express delivery (delivery before 1pm the following day). With the wide and growing range of things that Amazon sells, my partner and I have definitely felt that it's worth the annual subscription of £49.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #18
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSmillie View Post
That might be true when using the Amazon.com website, but in the UK using the Amazon UK website, it means free 'one-day' delivery to mainland UK addresses for most items sold by Amazon UK, and reduced cost upgrade to Express delivery (delivery before 1pm the following day). With the wide and growing range of things that Amazon sells, my partner and I have definitely felt that it's worth the annual subscription of £49.
I see.. I don't know how good amazon UK is, but the Canadian version is total garbage; few brand names, bottom of the barrel clearance bin type stuff.
I can't find one single thing that I would want.
Contrast this with the US store where I can find anything (but just can't buy it.)
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #19
Aidan
Aidan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
The UK store is very extensive, you can buy practically everything from it (I just bought a new microwave), even clothing (why?). I was a prime member as soon as it launched but cancelled after the first year. When I joined it was still over £25 for super saver delivery (not available at all for heavy goods), which generally took a week. Now its practically impossible to not qualify for free delivery and its been sped up (only 1 day longer then next day). Even though I'm a heavy amazon UK user its just not worth getting a prime account.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #20
naypalm
Enthusiast
naypalm began at the beginning.

Device: K3G v3.1 jb
Wow this is good news for students with amazon prime! I hope this becomes reality soon!
naypalm is offline   Reply With Quote