Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Phoul
Dances with penguins
Phoul began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Exclamation News Metadata issue?

The last couple days now i've had issues with calibre setting the date correctly on news articles, its constantly one day in the future =/
For example today (December 08) is showing up as news from Thursday December 09.

metadata.opf for xkcd:

<dc:title>xkcd [Wed, 08 Dec 2010]</dc:title>
<dc:creator opf:file-as="calibre" opf:role="aut">calibre</dc:creator>
<dc:contributor opf:file-as="calibre" opf:role="bkp">calibre (0.7.32) [http://calibre-ebook.com]</dc:contributor>
<dc:date>2010-12-09T02:54:36.211550+00:00</dc:date>

Last edited by Phoul; 12-08-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Phoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the timestamp is in GMT speciafically 3:00 AM, which (guessing you are in the US) means it is correct.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Phoul
Dances with penguins

ok.. except the document itself is being dated and labeled for wednesday, and showing up on the reader as coming from the date of 09.. that doesnt make sense.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The date in the title in in your local timezone and the date the the date field is in GMT, and what's more specifies that it is GMT. That is perfectly correct. If your reader is misinterpreting the date in the date field as being a local date, then it is buggy.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
Phoul
Dances with penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The date in the title in in your local timezone and the date the the date field is in GMT, and what's more specifies that it is GMT. That is perfectly correct. If your reader is misinterpreting the date in the date field as being a local date, then it is buggy.
I have heavy doubts the problem is my reader seeing as the only problem is the date. I can even point out where the problem is in the metadata.
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
Phoul
Dances with penguins

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
		 xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
		 xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
		 xmlns:prs="http://xmlns.sony.net/e-book/prs/">
	<rdf:Description rdf:about="">
		<dc:title>Dilbert [Wed, 08 Dec 2010]</dc:title>
		<dc:publisher>calibre 0.7.32</dc:publisher>
		<dcterms:alternative>Dilbert</dcterms:alternative>
		<dcterms:issued>2010-12-09</dcterms:issued>
		<dc:language>en</dc:language>
		<dcterms:conformsTo rdf:resource="http://xmlns.sony.net/e-book/prs/periodicals/1.0/newspaper/1.0"/>
		<dcterms:type rdf:resource="http://xmlns.sony.net/e-book/prs/datatype/newspaper"/>
		<dcterms:type rdf:resource="http://xmlns.sony.net/e-book/prs/datatype/periodical"/>
	</rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>
Thats from exploding the dilbert epub, it has to be a calibre error..

Last edited by Phoul; 12-09-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Now that, unlike what you pointed to in the first post, is an actual bug.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
Phoul
Dances with penguins

My apologies, When i found the first date "mismatch" in my head i just assumed that was the problem. Not even thinking that maybe that was supposed to be GMT. I should have posted them both. Its a great product, I just get confused with the metadata stuff sometimes.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No worries, I've already committed the fix.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
Phoul
Dances with penguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No worries, I've already committed the fix.
Awesome!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
Phoul
Dances with penguins

I have no idea why now but its still coming up under sony readers as the day in the future.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
Phoul
Dances with penguins

under atom.xml theres this:

<title>Lifehacker</title>
<updated>2010-12-10T19:45:06Z</updated>
<id>e357dd16-19ec-4ad8-9896-b203fbf3de04</id>

but under content.opf theres:

<dc:title>Lifehacker [Fri, 10 Dec 2010]</dc:title>
<meta name="cover" content="id169"/>
<dc:date>2010-12-11T01:44:58.139103+00:00</dc:date>

Could that have anything to do with it? I cant find anything else relative to date inside the epubs..
Old 12-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
Phoul
Dances with penguins

if i sync early on in the day (Perhaps before its officially the next day in GMT?) i get the correct date, it seems to be days i wait until late like today to fetch the news it shows up as the day after. (Late being like 8pm)

I noticed this as well when i attempt to remove the books from today: http://imagebin.org/127359

the image is a screenshot showing the "date" of the removals and conky in the bottom left shows the current time and date.

Last edited by Phoul; 12-10-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

set the date and timezone correctly on your reader.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #15
Phoul
Dances with penguins

it is =\ 12-10-2010 21:18