Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Another Software Update 2.5.1

Just got this, dated 4/22/13.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
My Mini and Glo are downloading the update now.

Edit: Aura HD also downloading the update now

Last edited by jiminrussell; 04-23-2013 at 09:28 PM.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It has come to my Touch and Glo as well. Full version is: 2.5.1 (d5bb1c9bbd, 22/04/13). DbVersion still 77. The updated calibre driver when it comes out will still handle this.

I tested the light coming on when set to the minimum level. That appears to be fixed. I wonder what else has changed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Can someone check whether pdfs when zoomed still leave insane ghosting when moved about the page, like in 2.5.0....i can't believe it doesn't do rendering on it's own after you've moved to the section of the page you want. You can pop up the menu to get it to refresh, but that is annoying.

edit: glo, not aura...
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
OOOh .. direct link anyone?
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #6
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
The light not turning on bug seems to have been fixed. PDFs now refresh the screen when you're done panning, as they used to. Seems like they fixed the two that I noticed the most right off the bat.

EDIT: When the bottom menu bar is activated (I have it in Zoom mode) on a PDF, it refreshes as expected when panned. When returning to a normal view (with the bottom menu bar inactive), the ghosting returns.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
Can someone check whether pdfs when zoomed still leave insane ghosting when moved about the page, like in 2.5.0....i can't believe it doesn't do rendering on it's own after you've moved to the section of the page you want. You can pop up the menu to get it to refresh, but that is annoying.

edit: glo, not aura...
Got the 2.5.1 update.

The ghosting issue still exist with PDF files when moving the page around.

2.5.1 has no release notes - there are no noticeable changes.

Last edited by RZetlin; 04-23-2013 at 11:46 PM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #8
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
2.5.1 done here. No release notes. LowLight Bug appears fixed, but it was intermittent before, so I can't confirm for sure.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:55 AM   #9
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I have just updated to firmware 2.5.1

My own installed fonts now displaying correctly and are not anaemic anymore. Showing their own weight and I can adjust font sizes, line spacing and margins (epub css permitting of course). The advanced option is not available to these fonts.

The Kobo problematic fonts (Nickel etc) still not working correctly. i.e. italics showing as regular bold.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #10
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Here in France I could get the 2.5.1 version too.
Once again, for the third time in a row*, the update froze the Mini and I had to turn it off and on, then log out of my account to prompt a new download.

Anyway, everything seems to be working just fine, but I haven't tried too hard

* with 2.4.0, 2.5 and 2.5.1 firmwares
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #11
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
An interesting update - I have extracted the contents of KoboRoot.tgz from both the 2.50 and 2.51 updates and run a comparison on them (by CRC). They come out as identical. In fact its the files in the upgrade folder of the zip

Code:
u-boot_mddr_256-E50610-K4X2G323PC.bin
u-boot_mddr_256-E60610D-K4X2G323PC.bin
u-boot_mddr_256-E606B0-K4X2G323PC.bin
u-boot_mddr_512-E606C0-K4X2G323PC.bin
uImage
uImage-E606C0
that have been updated - so a 79Mb download for 4.23Mb of changes and none of them seem to affect the reader parts of the Kobo.

Nice one - I see why there are no version notes !

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #12
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
OOOh .. direct link anyone?
Ha! Finally got one myself!

Posted in the Direct Links thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...69#post2159069

Last edited by murg; 04-24-2013 at 06:54 AM.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #13
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
An interesting update - I have extracted the contents of KoboRoot.tgz from both the 2.50 and 2.51 updates and run a comparison on them (by CRC). They come out as identical.
Not the case for the files I downloaded: libnickel.so (at least) has been changed between 2.5.0 and 2.5.1
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I see nickel, libnickel.so.1.0, revinfo and uImage as changed. That is the Glo package. I haven't checked the original Touch package.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #15
xPm
xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!xPm , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
An interesting update - I have extracted the contents of KoboRoot.tgz from both the 2.50 and 2.51 updates and run a comparison on them (by CRC). They come out as identical. In fact its the files in the upgrade folder of the zip

Code:
u-boot_mddr_256-E50610-K4X2G323PC.bin
u-boot_mddr_256-E60610D-K4X2G323PC.bin
u-boot_mddr_256-E606B0-K4X2G323PC.bin
u-boot_mddr_512-E606C0-K4X2G323PC.bin
uImage
uImage-E606C0
that have been updated - so a 79Mb download for 4.23Mb of changes and none of them seem to affect the reader parts of the Kobo.

Nice one - I see why there are no version notes !

BobC

That's because the file is used for upgrading from any version, and not just 2.5.0->2.5.1
xPm is offline   Reply With Quote