Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
JLYates
Connoisseur
JLYates began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900BC
*&%*& do not disconnect

This is really starting to PISS me off.

Sorry, but am really getting tired of this showing up.

As soon as I plug my reader (Sony900) into my computer and go online it shows this up.
I don't want to go to the Sony Reader Store, but wanted to send some books I have on Calibre to my reader.

I have gone to the Sony reader and it shows status, but there is no eject button, and it does not show the category of reader.
List at the left side is: Library, Status, Books, ebook store and computer.

There is no eject button anywhere.

Can I just delete the Sony Library? I don't want to get books from there anyhow. Do I have to have that installed to be able to download books? I know I don't for free books, but what if I want to buy a book that is DRM secure? The Sony store sucks, I have tried twice to buy books and had problems, so have decided it isn't worth it, I can get the books elsewhere.

I prefer to not buy any, but if there are any I really am wanting, I want that option.

Janette
JLYates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #2
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
You can delete the Sony Library software without adverse effects. You won't be able to shop on Sony's site. But Sony's software is not necessary to use and enjoy your reader.

Calibre is an excellent library management program. I use it exclusively to organize my ebook library, change format, and transfer to the reader.

If you do decide to download a DRM'd book from some site, a library for instance, you will need Adobe Digital Editions installed and configured.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Scroll down to post #4 by pilotbob

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79866
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You want to use your operating system's configuration tool to disable the Sony Library from automatically loading on system startup. If you don't, it hangs out there in memory looking for a Sony Reader, and launches the rest of itself the instant it sees one. On Windows XP, run msconfig and uncheck everything you don't want running at startup (you'll probably find a lot of "why the hell is it running that??? stuff, usually worthless "enhancements" for various peripherals). If you don't run XP and don't know what the equivalent is for your OS, just tell us what you've got and someone will tell you what it is.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
JLYates
Connoisseur
JLYates began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900BC
Thanks everyone,

I can get my son to help me, I wish he would go into computers, he knows a lot, has two friends who are "geeks" went to college and do programing and all. Josh plays around with them (on computers that is, LOL). He's not an expert, but has more than general knowledge.

It will cost me though, LOL Yesterday he helped us break up and string 5 gals of green beans. Payment, I had to make him two contaniers of tea.

Have to do another five gals today, YUK ! ! ! ! ! I HATE half runners, too many strings and I don't like the taste. He though he was planting blue lakes.

Oh well, next year he will plant the right ones.

Thanks again, wil probably have to call for help another time, but I am learning.
JLYates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLYates View Post
This is really starting to PISS me off.

Sorry, but am really getting tired of this showing up.

As soon as I plug my reader (Sony900) into my computer and go online it shows this up.
I don't want to go to the Sony Reader Store, but wanted to send some books I have on Calibre to my reader.

Janette
Janette,
Allow the Sony software to open up. Click "Edit" then "Preferences." Uncheck the box that reads "Launch Reader Library when Reader device is connected." This will stop the Sony software from loading when you plug in your device.
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
whiz16
whiz16 began at the beginning.

Device: sony
u can "stop" the reader manually by clicking the icon on the task bar... then it will be safe to disconnect.
whiz16 is offline   Reply With Quote