Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
rdahljr
rdahljr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Generate Cover Exception Error

Moved from general discussion:

Don't know if this error has been encountered before, here his the short description. It started happening after I upgraded to Calibre 0.9.9.. My version of the plugin is 1.5.7. Generate Cover List by Grant Drake.

My system: Windows 7, My eReader is a B&N Nook Color.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Robert Dahl

error message:

calibre, version 0.9.9
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>Exception</b>:no decode delegate for this image format `' @ error/blob.c/BlobToImage/360

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.action", line 50, in _generate_cover
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 1281, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.dialogs", line 1529, in display_preview
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.draw", line 282, in generate_cover_for_book
File "calibre_plugins.generate_cover.draw", line 163, in create_cover_page
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\magick\__init__.py", line 149, in open
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\magick\__init__.py", line 132, in load
Exception: no decode delegate for this image format `' @ error/blob.c/BlobToImage/360
rdahljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Looks like you have a corrupted or unsupported image file you are trying to set as the cover. What sort of image is it/attach it to the post.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
rdahljr

I have used jpegs for all of my covers and now even if I go back to try and change older stories with the plugin, it still pulls the same error. There is no way to customize the plugin to lead the plugin to set the right image format. Confused???
Old 12-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try uninstalling calibre and re-installing it. That error can be caused if your antivirus program happens to quarantine some of imagemagick's dlls.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
rdahljr

It's funny that you mentioned that. I just did that and tried again. No luck so far..
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
rdahljr

Still no luck...I can no longer modify any of my converted epubs...darn..
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
rdahljr

Well, no luck. I even rolled back the calibre version to 9.7. Does anyone know where I can modify this plugin to point to the correct image file?

Thanks
Old 12-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is no "modifying" of the plugin to be done as there is nothing wrong with it. As I said above your actual jpeg image files are corrupted, or as Kovid has said something else is conflicting on your system with the imagemagick dlls which are used both by calibre and this plugin.

Don't create new posts on the same topic by the way, I have deleted your post in the main forums.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #9
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I hope I don't sound too stupid...but is "imagemagick" part of the OS or is it something Calibre installs? Could the OP have corrupted dll files (not the jpeg files themselves)? Maybe a virus scan should be done...
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
kiwidude

It is part of what calibre installs - which is why Kovid suggested a reinstall, monitoring what "interference" anti-virus may be making to those dlls.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
I hope I don't sound too stupid...but is "imagemagick" part of the OS or is it something Calibre installs? Could the OP have corrupted dll files (not the jpeg files themselves)? Maybe a virus scan should be done...
imagemagick is one of the many open source modules installed used by calibre. (other open source programs may also be using a version. Since the main program must connect to an exact release of this tool, it is installed as a part of Calibre)

If any cover manipulation passes, the module is probably OK

Anti-Virus programs silently 'repairing' files is more of a problem. IMHO make your A/V ask you every time. that way you know that it did something (besides just wave a big banner "I saved you' )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote