Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #76
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwdoo View Post
I purchase a lot of books from Baen and they have good information on the books they publish. Is there any chance to add them to the search the internet list?

Thanks!
The problem is their search engine is pretty rubbish. I think searching Webscription.Net is about the best you can do, though it is still an extra click to get to the book details page.

Download the zip file attached to this post and use the "Import" feature to add them to your configuration from the Search the Internet dialog.

They do have nice covers though - might look to do a Metadata Source plugin for them...
Attached Files
File Type: zip webscription.zip (901 Bytes, 364 views)
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 AM   #77
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Cool deal, having that is nothing major. Metadata would be nice from Baen since they have good extra information on their books (such as what volumes are included in omnibus editions) that can be hard to find elsewhere.
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #78
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure if you noticed but I added a metadata source plugin for Webscription (Baen) here. it is a pretty limited number of books available and it relies on title/author match to work but hopefully should give you what you are after.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:32 AM   #79
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I definitely will! Thanks for all these great plugins for Calibre!
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #80
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
website links - omnilit and all romance ebooks

Two more website links if anyone is interested. Omnilit and All Romance Ebooks.
Links have worked for me so far.

Thanks for the tutorial Kiwidude.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AllRomanceEbooks.zip (1.3 KB, 387 views)
File Type: zip OmniLit.zip (1.2 KB, 367 views)
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #81
kiwidude

Well done ElizabethN, I'm stoked the tutorial helped you out. Never quite sure when my ramblings prove useful to someone somewhere...
Old 08-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #82
kiwidude

v1.6.6 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Change the location of SafeFormat class which was removed from Calibre for release 0.8.14

This release is purely to prevent the plugin from breaking when 0.8.14 comes out. Quite a while ago some Calibre code got deprecated and now it is being physically removed, this release ensures your plugin will keep working (it is compatible with earlier Calibre releases than 0.8.14).
Old 08-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #83
tweebee
Enthusiast
tweebee doesn't littertweebee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
I just installed this plugin. I have it in my toolbar. From the look of the first screenshot, it looks like you can right-click on a book and use search the internet. But when I right-click, I don't have this option. Is this because I am using Calibre Portable?

EDIT: Please disregard my question as I figured it out. Apparently, you can also customized context menu in calibre, sorry I'm still new with this.

Thanks for a great plugin!

Last edited by tweebee; 08-11-2011 at 11:19 AM.
tweebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #84
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@kiwidude,

I use the Google images option a lot to find nice covers. After I've run a query I always select 2 more options from Google:
Size=medium and Show sizes

I was wondering whether it is possible to customise my plugin option to include these 2 extra parameters in the query.

Alternatively is there somewhere I can read up on how to construct a Google query?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #85
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
After I've run a query I always select 2 more options from Google: Size=medium and Show sizes
I hit the same switches
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #86
kiwidude

Google images > 400x300 with sizes showing

Yes it is easily done. Funnily enough I actually have in my own setup a special entry for doing exactly this - except I choose "Larger than 400x300" instead of "Medium" because I want to see all the large versions rather than "just" the medium ones.

Attached is the zip for it that you can import on the SearchTheInternet configuration screen.
Attached Files
File Type: zip google_400x300.zip (377 Bytes, 375 views)
Old 08-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #87
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks very much

Last edited by jackie_w; 08-12-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #88
kiwidude

@jackie_w - yes that is exactly what is involved. I apologise for not making it clearer with my post - that zip I uploaded in post#86 above is just an export of one of my menu items that you can import on your own configuration screen for the plugin, it is not a completely new version of the plugin itself.

Specifically the URL I use is:
Code:
http://www.google.com/images?as_q=%22{author}%22+%22{title}%22&tbs=isch:1,isz:lt,islt:qsvga,imgo:1&safe=off
Old 08-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #89
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Specifically the URL I use is:
Code:
http://www.google.com/images?as_q=%22{author}%22+%22{title}%22&tbs=isch:1,isz:lt,islt:qsvga,imgo:1&safe=off
I tried all sorts of combos to try and get this working myself using what I could see in the browser bar when I pressed the advanced search buttons in Google -- without any success.

Anyway it's working just fine with your zip
Old 08-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #90
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Yes it is easily done. Funnily enough I actually have in my own setup a special entry for doing exactly this - except I choose "Larger than 400x300" instead of "Medium" because I want to see all the large versions rather than "just" the medium ones.
Thanks.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book details, search the internet