Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Question Online resources for wallpapers for the NC?

So? Any repositories found with wallpapers for the NC? Just curious to see what others are using.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
downloaded a few from http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/downloads/
make sure it's 1280x1024 to fill all three screens.
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is peculiar. I'm attempting to make my own in CS5 cropping desktop wallpapers but not meeting with much luck. What are the image sizes you need to use to "get it right" for the device?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
Grimm
DRM killer

Where do you see 1280x1024 on that site?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Where do you see 1280x1024 on that site?
Next to the download button there's a drop down menu. It's under the heading Fullscreen 5:4.

I use the ones for iPad.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
Grimm
DRM killer

Nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited by Grimm; 12-14-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
Grimm
DRM killer

Forget this too.

Last edited by Grimm; 12-14-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
Mitzasuro
Connoisseur
Mitzasuro doesn't litterMitzasuro doesn't litter

Device: Nook, Nook Color
http://www.nook-look.com they have some for the color
Mitzasuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Also, shouldn't the images be in portrait and not landscape format since the device is usually held that way?
Hmmm, mine show in portrait.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzasuro View Post
http://www.nook-look.com they have some for the color
Thanks, I'll take a look!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #11
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Nevermind, figured it out.
If you make them too big instead of trying to make them the "right" size then when NC makes you crop some more you get more of the image. You can do this just by adding a boarder around the picture. I use Paint Shop Pro 7. The newer versions are too complex for me.

I tend to make my own so I can add a portion that has;

Property of
my name
my address
my phone number

With my picture in the background.

This might not help but if a tech savvy person finds it after I've lost it, maybe I'll get it back.

Edit: I just discovered that the above is not really the way to do it. You can expand the rectangle with the pinch motion but I had managed to kludge it with the above method.

Last edited by slayda; 12-14-2010 at 09:57 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

I make my own and use 600px X 1024px and set the resolution to 169 pixels/inch to match the NC screen. I create them in portrait mode.

Of course you can use a landscape style image but you need to rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise and save it as a portrait style image.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snowmeggedon-2010 - Copy.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	421.0 KB
ID:	62847  

Last edited by jswinden; 12-15-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #13
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
My NC is rooted so I'm able to use animated wallpapers. The one I'm currently using is this free winter-themed live wallpaper.

discourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #14
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Animated wallpapers? Interesting!

I've been using the interfacelift.com website too. Some of those photos are absolutely gorgeous! The fact that the picture can scroll over all 3 home screens was a pleasant surprise to me. I had sized the wallpapers to 600X1024 for a single screen that works for both my NC and my Sony 950. I think I've been inspired now to resize some of my own landscape photos just for my NC. Very cool!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Animated wallpapers? Interesting!

I've been using the interfacelift.com website too. Some of those photos are absolutely gorgeous! The fact that the picture can scroll over all 3 home screens was a pleasant surprise to me. I had sized the wallpapers to 600X1024 for a single screen that works for both my NC and my Sony 950. I think I've been inspired now to resize some of my own landscape photos just for my NC. Very cool!
Yes, I'm quite fond of the photos from that website! Great quality.