Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 04:49 AM   #22771
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I would say: watch the diseases of your family, watch your weight ( eat about half of what you would like to eat and drink.....) and excercise ( can be mildly) each day. That is doable.

Last edited by desertblues; 07-14-2013 at 07:26 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #22772
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
A multi vitamin can handle most of what people are missing in their diet. It is inconclusive if those actually help or not.

We choose the packaged foods. Almost Every store has fresh food available to purchase and consume. I buy prepared lunches for work and prepared dinner for BB. BB gets organic only and I read the labels for everything. I try and limit preservatives and artificial ingredients. You pay a bit more but it is worth it to me. Most nights we have a large salad with some combination of carrots, radish, cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, pepper, or onion. I bring 2-3 servings of fruit to work.

Try something like myfitnesspal and log what you eat for a week. It will probably amaze you how quickly the calories add up and the amount of crap most of us take in. I log daily to keep myself on track.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #22773
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
It takes a few months of missing a vitamin for it to have any effect on the body. Then once the missing vitamin is consumed, the body uses it to try to repair what may have been done because of the lack. Often it can't. But conditions such as scurvy (the lack of vitamin C,) take several months to set in, and if not allowed to continue, will reverse itself in a day... Most people do NOT need to take vitamins every day. The dosage required by the body is so minute, and with no need for daily re-supply, that taking a multi-vitamin once a week will serve most people's needs. If you eat a somewhat balance diet, even if it is processed foods, you will meet 99% of your vitamin requirements. Most vitamin excess is excreted by the body; C, B's, E, D, can't be overdosed orally no matter how many you take. They are excreted in sweat and urine. Vitamin A and K can be, but you'd need to eat a lot of them. Remember, Vitamin K dose cause sterility in rats, so of you are a rodent, try to limit your intake of kale, collards, spinach, and turnip greens.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #22774
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I'm so cheesed off!
The European Patent Office not only gave Monsanto a patent for broccoli seeds but also the "severed broccoli head" and the "plurality of broccoli plants ... grown in a field of broccoli" - in other words, broccoli in all of its natural forms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
....and unhealthy people may lack a vitamin or two because of an unbalanced diet over an extended period. That's when it would be handy to be able to buy them.*
*Yes you can get all the nutrients you require by eating the right food. Unfortunately, for that last couple of decades, obtaining nutritious food is getting more difficult as corporations like Campbells and Nestlé refine genetically modified corn syrup, soya and salt and fill boxes, bottles, cans and tubes with it and sell it as breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Big Pharma want the natural therapy market and the best way to get it is to strangle it with expensive regulation because they know regulation and have deep pockets.

The cry for more regulation on natural dietary supplements is propagander. The Banksters, Monsanto and Big Pharma pull the strings and the regular media and beurocrats do the dancing.

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...r-on-vitamins/
This is veering off into Politics. Please refrain from political discussions outside the (opt-in) "Hardened Debators" Politics and religion forum.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #22775
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Discrete
Spoiler:
adjective: individually separate and distinct

and Discreet
Spoiler:
adjective: careful and circumspect in one’s speech or actions, especially in order to avoid causing offense or to gain an advantage

are NOT interchangeable! They may sound the same, they may even have the same letters, but one is not a spelling mistake of the other!

Seriously, that's the third 'well-known' book I've read recently that uses 'discrete' when what the author really meant was 'discreet'. Where can I apply to be an editor? There must be a shortage in the publishing world...

PS By the laws of the internet forum gods, there will now be multiple spelling and grammar errors inserted into my post as soon as I hit the 'submit' button. Please don't point them out to me.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #22776
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Broccoli? Really? How can that be bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Because there really are people out there who will say 'Try the Broccoli Diet! I did and lost 273k by eating nothing but broccoli!' What tt doesn't say is that they died three weeks after the posting from a lack of amino acids or electrolyte imbalance.
Stitchawl
There is no way that ANY broccoli is a "balanced" diet.

Same goes for tofu and lima beans!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #22777
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
There is no way that ANY broccoli is a "balanced" diet.

Same goes for tofu and lima beans!
It's good to remember that the founder of the Macrobiotic movement did die from malnutrition...

Stitchawl
Old 07-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #22778
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
People who feel obliged to quote EVERY SINGLE time they reply to a message, and not just a part of the message but the entire message.

(I wait to see how many replies I get here each one quoting my entire message)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #22779
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
People who feel obliged to quote EVERY SINGLE time they reply to a message, and not just a part of the message but the entire message.

I didn't want you to feel disappointed.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #22780
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:

Support our Local Posters.

Stitchawl
Old 07-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #22781
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
People who feel obliged to EVERY SINGLE reply.

(I wait to see how many replies I get)
Is this the message you wanted to come across after shortening?
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:06 AM   #22782
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I didn't want you to feel disappointed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Support our Local Posters.

Stitchawl
Glad I could help
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #22783
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
People who ... quote ...
I agree. I hate it when people quote.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #22784
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
People feel obliged quote EVERY SINGLE time reply message, not just part message entire message.

(wait see how many replies get here each one quoting entire message)

Maybe we were supposed to remove articles and prepositions? How about vowels?

(I think Peter is gonna hit us...)

Stitchawl
Old 07-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #22785
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
People that sell things on eBay are lousy photographers!
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness