Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 03:15 AM   #16
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I just finished reading Knife of Dreams in HB, I just got Gathering Storm last week.

I've owned Knife of Dreams since launch day, but never read it LOL, and I actually really really enjoyed it. I had to go back and look up some definitions and such because I hadn't read a WoT book in over 3 years, but it all started coming back!

I can't wait to get into Gathering Storm, but I've got some other books that I need to read, I've got some time LOL.

What did you all think of the "gasp" moment in Knife of Dreams that RJ alluded to?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #17
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Oh knif of dreams had a lot of gasp moments and mega fail moments where you say "oh noes! behind you!" XD And I did the same for Knife of Dreams... it stayed there, unread, for years until I moved. Mostly because a lot of sh*t was happening around me and I wanted a relax atmosphere for reading... still a lot of things in my life so I threw the "relax argument" to the air and finally read it.

But I completely forgot about the Gathering Storm and it was until I saw it at a bookstore and then I went into full OMFGWTFBBQ mode and got it.

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #18
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
If you don't want to re-read the entire series, I think the WoT FAQ has summaries of each book.

Also over at Tor.com, Leigh Butler is re-reading the series and posting summaries of each chapter. Be careful of the commentaries. They contain spoilers for the later books, including The Gathering Storm.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote