Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Kaisentlaia
Obsessive reader
Kaisentlaia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Strange and slow screen behaviour. Help?

Hello everyone, I'm writing because after years using my prs 500 without any trouble... something got messed up.

At random my reader's screen becomes veeery slow and I have to wait a lot, looking at every single step of page flashing, and most of the times after this the page is very hard to read, mixed and faded whit the previous page, or white text on black background, or very fuzzy. Sometimes after a few page turns this issue disappears, sometimes it'll take long (I have to shutdown it and wait some hours), sometimes a battery charge would do it... and so on.

It's not so bad as long as I can get it working back whitout so much effort, but I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced the same issue and if there is a way to fix it.

I won't send it to repair first because I'm living in Italy so I have no warranty, second because warranty has expired anyway, and third because this thing doesn't bother me so much... but if a firmware upgrade or an hard reset or something like this would fix it I'll be glad to know.

Thanks to anyone in advance.
Kaisentlaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Tried a hard reset? (pinhole button on the back)
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
Kaisentlaia
Obsessive reader
Kaisentlaia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Yes, the first time it happened I've tried several times to reset it pushing the little round button on the back, but this weird behaviour continued even after resetting.
Kaisentlaia is offline   Reply With Quote