Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Where to find Primo Levi books as ebooks?

Hello,

sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, but I am looking for books by Primo Levi in English - especially "If this is a man".

So far, I have found nearly all books I wanted on amazon to load easily to my Kindle, but this just seems not to be available. Are there any other sources where I could buy the book in a way that I could convert it to Kindle format (e.g. using Calibre)?

And yes, I could, of course, buy the book as paper book ... but I don't want to.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
You can get it free from Kobo http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/If-Th...EsQ/page1.html but then you'll have to convert it with Calibre for your Kindle.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 04:56 AM   #3
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Owly,

thank you for the info.
I got a Kobo account and tried to download, however, the ePub version is "not available due to issues with the item" and the PDF version seems to be empty. Have no way to check if that is because I don't have a "real" Kobo account or if the files are buggy, but these were my results.

So, I'm still on the search.

Best regards,
Andy
Old 04-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I tried to access the book and got the same result. It seems to be a problem with the source files that are over at the Internet Archive.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I don't think his books have been released as ebooks. I can only find Survival in Auschwitz.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Have you checked Google Play? From Google Play India store two books are available - A Tranquil Star: Unpublished Stories and The Magic Paint. Both published by Penguin UK.
Is there Google Play for Germany?

Same books are available at Kobo UK.

They are not free.

Last edited by jmilica; 04-29-2013 at 09:29 AM.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
Andy_T
Evangelist

I'm not looking for free books, simply for eBooks I can convert to Kindle format.

Best regards,
Andy
Old 04-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
I'm not looking for free books, simply for eBooks I can convert to Kindle format.

Best regards,
Andy
I understand, just said they are not free unlike the ones offered by Kobo.
Google play sells epub which you can convert to Kindle format
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote