Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Post Handango Android app market

I discovered that the long standing mobile app supplier, Handango, also supports Android:

http://www.handango.com/homepage/Hom...p?storeId=2218

There are free apps, which you can download to your PC or your mobile, but there are also many high quality paid apps that you wouldn't be able to get for your eDGe normally (since the eDGe doesn't have Google market access).

I'd be interested in hearing comments from people who have used Handango (for Android).

Old 01-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
jonnickell
Edge User

Handango is the app market supplied with the Viewsonic gtablet. It is OK. Personnally I prefer slideme or androidfree. However, I did get a few apps from Handango when I first got my gtablet.
Since an icon is included on the tablet it is easy to get to.

I had used Handango in the past for my Toshiba pocket pc.

Was surprised to see them with Android apps though it does make sense since they were already supporting the pocket/portable market.

Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
tolliversm
Edge User

Has anyone found a way to access kindle on the pocket edge. I am a kindle user and would like to download my books on to the edge.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

Yes, install the Kindle for Android app: http://www.mediafire.com/?4or7i6bnoqzor36.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
borisb
Edge User

Note that you'll only be able to read the Kindle books in the Kindle app on the LCD side. Because Kindle/Amazon uses a proprietary format, you can't read Kindle books on the eInk side on the eDGe (or any other non-Kindle ereader).

Advert