Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
fyoung
fyoung began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Conversion error MOBI to EPUB

I have been trying to convert a book to epub but keep getting this error....

calibre.ebooks.oeb.transforms.split.SplitError: Could not find reasonable point at which to split: Obama_s_Wars.html Sub-tree size: 571 KB

What does this mean and how can I work around it?
I have go into prefrences and under output increased the split files larger than .... I have increased this to 600 KB
fyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That means that Calibre can't find a point at which to perform the split into smaller files. It tries to do this at "natural" split points like chapter breaks and such, as far as I know.
Increasing that size may horribly break stuff on readers especially with ADE, like the Sony and Bookeen devices- they are not designed to load chunks larger than 260 kB into memory, so most often, they just hang. You may have to reset that setting to its standard.

As for how to solve that problem, I'm not sure. Does the conversion fail entirely or is this just printed as an error, but an ePub is produced anyway?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I previously was able to correct this following these instructions.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyoung View Post
I have been trying to convert a book to epub but keep getting this error....

calibre.ebooks.oeb.transforms.split.SplitError: Could not find reasonable point at which to split: Obama_s_Wars.html Sub-tree size: 571 KB

What does this mean and how can I work around it?
I have go into prefrences and under output increased the split files larger than .... I have increased this to 600 KB
I had a few that I did that (size increase) to do the initial conversion.

Now restore the setting to 260K
And Convert EPUB to EPUB. for some reason, It can Now find a place to (re) split
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote