Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Alberich
Alberich began at the beginning.

Device: KF, KFHD 8.9", iPad2
What is the normal temperature operating range for iPad/lithium battery

Any experience with charging/using iPad in 54F - 58F (13C-14C) temperature range?

I hope it's considerably normal operating range. Indeed, my iPad is OK under these circumstances, but unfortunately, my newest Kindle Fire HD is stopping battery charging at mark around 70%. So, I can not fully charge the device in 54F-58F temperature range. I tried at many times, I tried standart troubleshooting... I'm woundering is it build-in battery monitor design flow or
the lithium battery problem?

Any information/specification about operating a lithium battery in this temperature range (54F-58F)? I hope Apple resolved this problem a long ago.
Alberich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
From the iPad 4 specs:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/
Quote:
Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
Alberich

This is looks very very good. Thanks. Kindle HD has same operating ambient temperature.
But Kindle HD stopping charging at 70% in 50F to 60F temperature range..
Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberich View Post
This is looks very very good. Thanks. Kindle HD has same operating ambient temperature.
But Kindle HD stopping charging at 70% in 50F to 60F temperature range..
I suggest you hop over to the Kindle forum for answers to your question on Kindle, duh. Apple people aren't likely to be experts on Kindle devices.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suggest you hop over to the Kindle forum for answers to your question on Kindle, duh. Apple people aren't likely to be experts on Kindle devices.

Dale
HA!!!! How many of us here own both iOS and Kindle devices?!

<---

And yes, I saw it posted in the KF area too.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
Alberich

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
ha-ha-ha.. thanks for tips. One more reason to own the ipad