Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
tjdingler
tjdingler began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Nook Color/USB not connecting to Computer

Two weeks ago I downloaded a library book and everything worked fine. I was able to connect the nook to my PC with the USB cable. Now the PC will not recognize the Nook Color. I have tried:

Rebooting the PC
Rebooting the Nook
The Nook is fully Charged
The Cable will charge the Nook from the wall plug.
The computer does see other usb devices.

Can anyone help? Any suggestion?

If I can not connect I will not be able to download any books from my pc or get the latest Nook update.

Thank You in Advance!!!
tjdingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I remember my NC being pretty finicky about USB connections when it was stock. All I would suggest is, with the NC plugged in to the PC, open Device Manager (in Control Panel, or right-click Computer in the Start menu and go to Properties). Find the listing for the NC, right-click, and Uninstall. When it is uninstalled, go the Actions menu and Scan for New Hardware.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Magnus
Enthusiast
Magnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheeseMagnus can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Not to offend, but have you "unlocked" the Nook? I have to swipe the start-up screen unlock before the USB will connect.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
tjdingler
tjdingler began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thank You

I went online to buy a new charger and was direct by a post on BN to call tech support. There is a known problem with the charger. Because of where it attachs to the nook, it can get damaged if your charging and reading to the same time. They sent a free charger. I'm mobile again. Thanks for the responses.
tjdingler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connecting, nook color, usb, usb cable