Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Auto-rotate bug?

When I go to Menu/Settings/Display and uncheck "Auto-rotate screen", my browser screen stays fixed, but when I'm in reading a book, it still keeps auto-rotating. This is very annoying because when reading in bed on my side the screen will change from single page portrait to 2-page landscape if the reader tilts past 45°, ends up on a totally different page and the transition takes about 5 or 6 seconds back and forth. It drives me nuts! I just changed the reader setup to show a single page in landscape mode, but how can I stop it going to landscape mode in the first place, even with auto-rotation turned off? Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
monk127
monk127 doesn't littermonk127 doesn't littermonk127 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
This seems like a bug to me. I don't see an option in the Kobo reader app to fix this. I recommend FBreader and Coolreader both of which are much more configurable and better in my opinion than Kobo's reader. They are both available at their homepages... no need for android market.
monk127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
I generally prefer Aldiko to the Kobo App for this very reason.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Okay, for the record, I've received word from JW that this is a known problem and will be fixed in a future update.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
I hear that for the exact same reason! I want to use the Pulse feature, but my book keeps flipping when I move a bit and it's making me crazy! Maybe they'll fix that..... I hope!
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
oldyellr
Evangelist

Yeah, you can turn it just a bit past 45°, bit then it reloads to the other view. When I'm reading in bed at night and want to turn on my other side, I have to hold the Vox up like a glass of water, careful not to spill it so it won't flip. The Overdrive app reader I use for library books has the option to allow auto-rotation or lock it in portrait or landscape, so it's doable.