Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-20-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
darkrandor
darkrandor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Un-Demo Kindle

Hello All

This is my first time here, and i read a lot before asking this, but im no sure 100% if the KT2 (Kindle Basic with touch, only power button) can be un-demo?

I read about paperwhite, and k3, k4 and k5, and know that k5 reference to kindle touch.

I start to check with ixtab's debricking tools collection for Windows, and noob pdf. And when i try to do the instruction to get usb download mode the device restart.

The device is this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I15SB16/ref=fs_kb

Any help will be welcome.
darkrandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Sure, and you get to be the first one to do it.

The images that Amazon distributes for the regular KT2 are complete system images (for the 'main' partition/system).

You will need to do the work over the serial port but the process should be no different than any other firmware series 5.x device.
(Well, other than that you have to use the serial port.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert