Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #76
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Any way to use this on my Kindle DXG?
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #77
MuzzaHukka
MuzzaHukka
MuzzaHukka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
It's all about preparing TTS files so they do look like Kindle ones, also you have to specify names of dictionaries for each language in *.hdr files, and then create symlinks or overwrite original ones.
Maybe you could do a YouTube tutorial. If I gave you arabic files, could you do whatever it is and make me a *.bin file? or a ZIP?
MuzzaHukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #78
pmcorreo03
pmcorreo03 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi internation firmware 3.2.1
is it possible to change tts in a kindle wifi with firmware 3.2.1?? thanks in advance
pmcorreo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #79
jozicka
Connoisseur
jozicka doesn't litterjozicka doesn't litter

Device: notebook
HI, small question - in pocketbook pro 602, there is fbreader with TTS (with czech language as well), is there some possibility to use it for Kindle 3 ?

http://pocketbook-int.com/download/t...ic)_female.pbi
jozicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:36 AM   #80
amos22
amos22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Czech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozicka View Post
HI, small question - in pocketbook pro 602, there is fbreader with TTS (with czech language as well), is there some possibility to use it for Kindle 3 ?

http://pocketbook-int.com/download/t...ic)_female.pbi
No, read thist:
http://forum.amazon-kindle.cz/estina...s-t543-50.html
amos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 03:49 AM   #81
jozicka
Connoisseur
jozicka doesn't litterjozicka doesn't litter

Device: notebook
well OK, It is a shame that FBreader for Kindle can not handle TTS, but fbreader in pocketbook pro 602 can handle it.

Is it a hardware limitation?
jozicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #82
samuil37
samuil37 began at the beginning.

Device: no
Привет! Вопрос от чайника для гуру? Научите подробно как сделать в Kindle 3.2.1
English+Russich.TTS Mod. уже в ПК
samuil37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #83
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuil37 View Post
Привет! Вопрос от чайника для гуру? Научите подробно как сделать в Kindle 3.2.1
English+Russich.TTS Mod. уже в ПК

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???????????????? ?????????????

While I'm friendly to russian people and having some russian friends....

English, please! I don't understand a shit about cyrillic, but I like vodka a lot too!
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:32 AM   #84
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Samuil asked what about with 3.2.1 firmware version Kindles (like question 78, without answer)?
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #85
samuil37
samuil37 began at the beginning.

Device: no
Друзья, как чайник прошу помощи от профи-гуру!!!
Имею Kindle 3 WiFi, Version 3.2.1. Очень хочу научить ее „Text-to-Speach“ читать по русски. Поиски по форумам привели к реальности такого решения. Но у меня сомнения??
В ПК загрузил:
1. Launchpad-„lpad-pkg-0.0.1c.zip“, включая „Update_lpad_0.0.1_k3w_install.bin.“
Вопрос? K3w – это для моей книжки?
2. Voice combination – „TTS Mod_v4 Daniel UK - Milena RU“. Unpack archive!
Дальше только мысли, действий не делал.

Инсталляция:
1. На ПК п.2 “TTS…“ копировать в п.1 „Update…“– новая папка „Update“
2. Подключить книжку к ПК, открыть ее в ПК, добавить п.1 „Update“ в папку „Documents“, отключить книжку , открыть Home и проверить наличие папки“Update“.
3. Через «Меню» включить „Restart“
4. Включить комбинацию клавиш для выполнения сценария „shift + F + I“, появится сообщение «Успех»
5. Включить «Перезагрузка».

Удаление:
1. Включить комбинацию клавиш для выполнения сценария „shift + F + U“, появится сообщение «Успех»
2. Включить «Перезагрузка».
Убедительно прошу проверить и подтвердить мои взятые у друзей мысли.
Был бы очень благодарен ответу на eMail:19sacha37@gmail.com
Заранее благодарю.
С Уважением
samuil37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:29 AM   #86
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Please take a look here for my proposal concerning installation of Kindle voice packs:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153107
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #87
jokermania
jokermania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Please take a look here for my proposal concerning installation of Kindle voice packs:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153107
30 secs and I have English (male) and Italian (female) on my K3 with 3.3 firmware
jokermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #88
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Have anyone ever find a TTS solution for Kindle DX?
jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #89
A-I
A-I began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Guys, could you please wait for me ?
As soon as I finish my exams and unbrick my K3, which will happen next week, I'll continue this little project and post tutorial on preparing own combinations.

btw. if some of you are impatient, you can grab all avaible voice files at : http://www.yourdolphin.com/tryit.asp?id=5

Extract installer file using your favourite extracting software instead of installing these demo files...

Cheers
How did you go from the demo *.exe file to the *.dat and *.hdr files that the Kindle TTS use?

I extracted the Australian demo *.exe just to see if I could find the *.dat or *.hdr files, but could not find them. So I assume that you run the files thru some encoding filter?

I've been looking for a Chinese voice pack with the same file formats that can run on the Kindle, but have yet to find one with the *.dat or *.hdr files.

Thanks.

Last edited by A-I; 03-08-2012 at 04:53 PM.
A-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #90
Safazeck
Safazeck began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG 2.5.8
Red face change voice to portuguese on KINDLE DX GRAPHITE 2.5.8 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
Any way to use this on my Kindle DXG?

Hi,
Anyone could teach me how to change voice to portuguese on KINDLE DX GRAPHITE 2.5.8 ? I am sorry if its a silly question. Thanks.
Safazeck is offline   Reply With Quote