Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Boreads
Boreads began at the beginning.

Device: ZTE Blade, EkenM009s, (both Android)
Which format output from Calibre retains most information?

So I have the option within Calibre to save metadata and output it to many different formats. My question is - which format stores the most metadata, images,formatting etc.?

Personally I would like to be able to see at a glance a thumbnail image of the e-book cover, details of author, book title, series and series number and be able to view said book at various font sizes with a reflow facility and the ability to see at a glance how much of the book has been read/remains to be read. I am sure that we all have different priorities, but which format allows the most options to be stored within their file system?

More importantly, which E-readers can take advantage of this information? I am yet to be convinced that any standalone E-reader provides enough advantages (over my limited but no additional cost phone options) to invest in their future.

Bo
Boreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
epub and no reader displays all of the information you mention.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
Boreads
Boreads began at the beginning.

Device: ZTE Blade, EkenM009s, (both Android)
Thanks Kovid, I'll wait for the epiphany, old age teaches us one thing well, don't buy anything today that you can wait for until tomorrow. It will be guaranteed to be cheaper and better and more capable than you ever could have imagined!
Boreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreads View Post
Thanks Kovid, I'll wait for the epiphany, old age teaches us one thing well, don't buy anything today that you can wait for until tomorrow. It will be guaranteed to be cheaper and better and more capable than you ever could have imagined!
That philosophy leads to noone buying anything ever.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreads View Post
Apple, Amazon and Microsoft have been telling us that "our way" is not the way we want. to read books.
My device is not perfect (OK, it lack a whole lot of options I WANT, but it is the only one that I found that puts a page turn button where I like it. I hold the reader in my Right hand and turn pages with my index finger most of the time. Lots of Left side or placed wrong on right)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert