Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
The Way of Shadows for $1.00

The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks is selling for $1.00 at booksonboard and diesel-ebooks for January.
Not all formats(only pdf, lit and ereader) are $1.00 at booksonboard but all popular formats(.lit, mobi and pdf) are $1.00 at diesel-ebooks.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You write: "...but all popular formats(.lit, mobi and pdf) are $1.00 at diesel-ebooks."

Diesel-ebooks price for the Weeks title is $7.06 (or $6.81 for the next title). This price is in all of their four formats.

I've been unable to find the books for $1.00 at Diesel-ebooks.

On Books on Board, for the Weeks's title I find this:

The Way of Shadows
by Brent Weeks
(List) $7.99 - (Savings) $1.24 = (Price) $6.75

Perhaps you have different information than I do?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks is selling for $1.00 at booksonboard and diesel-ebooks for January.
Not all formats(only pdf, lit and ereader) are $1.00 at booksonboard but all popular formats(.lit, mobi and pdf) are $1.00 at diesel-ebooks.
I just checked BoB and the title is 85 cents after rewards (but only as ADE,not really PDF, lit and ereader). Those wanting mobi format get a better deal at fictionwise (5.09 vs 6.75 after rewards at both sites).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
DanT
Connoisseur
DanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

I've been unable to find the books for $1.00 at Diesel-ebooks.

Don
I found it by clicking on one of their ads banners it show $1. Also from the search page you see $6.81 but if you click on it, it's $1

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin...ows-eBook.html
DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
At BoB the price drops once you put the book in your basket - as a member, the Lit version goes to $0.85 !! Bagged........

Thanks BoB !!
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I am glad you found it
I gotta give you guys the thrill of discovery rather than pointing you straight to it.
Diesel was easy as there was a big banner at the bottom of the page but I had to search on BooksonBoard and found it was also $1.00( well actually $0.85).
It is obviously a publisher special that fictionwise hasn't been invited to yet
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
This is now on sale at fictionwise, all formats - 75 cents after rebate, 64 cents for club members. Too bad I bought it two months ago.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Why is it so cheap only in certain formats?!?!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:58 PM   #9
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
This is ridiculous. BoB doesn't sell the book to my country. Diesel had no such problem, so I bought it over there.

The other books don't have this promotion, so if I like this book, I might try to buy the others in BoB, changing the country of residence. If not possible, Diesel will have a new regular client.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
FYI this book is also available for $1 at Sony's ebookstore.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
This is now on sale at fictionwise, all formats - 75 cents after rebate, 64 cents for club members. Too bad I bought it two months ago.
Thanks. I just bought it from Fictionwise.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:59 AM   #12
HarryPigg
Alleged Writer
HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryPigg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
It looks as though it's part of a special promotion by Orbit who are offering a different ebook each month for $1. Details here http://www.onedollarorbit.com/
Next month's is Iain Banks excellent Use of Weapons.
HarryPigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #13
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
It's part of a scam. I bought the book for $.64 and now had to go back to FW and buy the other two in the series. <Laugh> Almost spent all of my micropay rebate money and then I'll have to get my arse back to work to earn more book money.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
It's part of a scam. I bought the book for $.64 and now had to go back to FW and buy the other two in the series. <Laugh> Almost spent all of my micropay rebate money and then I'll have to get my arse back to work to earn more book money.
It's called marketing. That is the reason they are selling these books for $1.

http://www.teleread.org/blog/2009/01...ing-1-e-books/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK3IXONVNSKDNG7

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It's called marketing. That is the reason they are selling these books for $1.

http://www.teleread.org/blog/2009/01...ing-1-e-books/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK3IXONVNSKDNG7

BOb
Yes I understand I was trying to be funny. These types of sales get me all the time, I'm in marketing but they still get me. <G>
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote