Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
Thom*
The Fumbler
Thom* began at the beginning.

Device: android 4.2/fbreader
fbreader inline white space

I am using fbreader on an (android version 4.4.2) tablet. My books are EPub format. I cannot get fbreader to recognize inline white space. I have tried &nbsp but it is simply ignored. HTML tables are not recognized, but that isn't surprising. I am using Calibre to edit my ebooks, but I don't think that has any bearing.

So, is that normal, or is my experience unique? Any suggestions on getting fbreader to recognize inline white space?

Thanks
Thom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom* View Post
Any suggestions on getting fbreader to recognize inline white space?
Since there are many other free Android ePub apps to choose from (for example, Bluefire Reader, Moon+ Reader and Gitden Reader), I'd recommend some ePub app window shopping instead of wasting time trying to make your epub FBReader-compatible.

Last edited by Doitsu; 08-08-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
fbreader = fairly bad reader
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote