Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Root for 2.1.1 ... and maybe 2.1.2!

Hi everyone,

Just curious... I have just tried to get root with Z4root on 2.1.1 and it worked right away! No need for any fix... anyone else noticed this?

Edit 1: I was getting spotty results when trying to get root on 2.1.1 but I am 99% sure I have pinpointed the problem. As soon as I get it, I will put a file here for all to enjoy. I also plan to do a repack and check into the non-ugly market fix. Will be back shortly with the file.

Last edited by Icewyng; 10-28-2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Topic change & edit
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Great! Thank's
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
digitalmunkey
digitalmunkey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you Icewyng,

Really looking forward to it.
digitalmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

It is not an easy task. I have soft-bricked my IQ quite a few times before getting it right. I know how to root the ROM but I just need the right procedure to make it seamless. I don't want to rush it and brick everyone's devices!

The most important thing is to make sure the script is done properly and everything sets into place. Once done, we'll be good. I guess my time away playing with my Gtab brought a lot of needed experience with Android.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
marf
Enthusiast
marf began at the beginning.

Device: PB701, PB360+
Thank you for the root post, Icewyng. I look forward to giving it a whirl. I'm replying here so as to not clutter up your root post.
marf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #7
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marf View Post
Thank you for the root post, Icewyng. I look forward to giving it a whirl. I'm replying here so as to not clutter up your root post.
I guess we could use this to have discussions on the developement of roms and android in general. I think I will change the topic to reflect that