Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
I have 3 Sony readers to sell

THREAD CLOSED - ITEMS SOLD; TOO OLD

Hi all

I just managed to buy the last 4 Sony readers in Washington State (when I called the Seattle Sony Style store this morning there were 6; I asked for them all but by the time I got to the store an hour later they were down to 4). I paid just over $380 each with tax.

As I mentioned before, I want to avoid my wife's recriminations by covering the cost of my own reader by selling some others. I was hoping to spread the cost over about 6-10 readers, but now that isn't possible. So I'm unfortunately going to be asking $500 for each of the three I have left. I will give members of this forum 24 hours opportunity to buy these; otherwise tomorrow I will list them on eBay starting at $499. Payment would be through PayPal.

I will ship worldwide with your choice of shipping but any shipping costs would be extra (see www.usps.com for shipping rates). For those who have import duties to contend with I'm happy to gift wrap, etc.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I forgot to mention - I'm also willing to try make use of the $50 Connect store voucher by proxy for those who are outside the USA.
Advert
Old 10-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
geekraver
Addict

Caveat - I see no mention on/in the box of the $50 Connect store offer; does anyone know if that was for online purchases only or how it works?

Also, it looks like all three units are taken. If anyone else sends me messages and a sale falls through I'll contact people in turn.

Edit: I have more on the way; see below.

Last edited by geekraver; 10-02-2006 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The $50 for the store goes to the account that registers each reader. It doesn't require a credit card to use, so it should be as usable in the Republic of Elbonia , as in New York City.

It has to be claimed (by making an account and registering the device) by 12/31/06, and must be used by 01/31/07.

igorsk dug up a direct link to the conditions.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:30 AM   #5
geekraver
Addict

Okay, that's good. Next question - let's say there is a problem and I have to register the devices for the buyers - can I download the e-books and e-mail them to the buyers for them to install, or do I have to have the readers physically attached to my PC? Hopefully the former in which case the buyers can safely take responsibility with the worst case being me e-mailing them the books they want.
Advert
Old 10-02-2006, 10:02 AM   #6
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Geekraver.. I'll have one of your devices as soon as you wake-up. Hope you still have them.

.stu
Old 10-02-2006, 10:02 AM   #7
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Umm by wake-up I mean it's still early in Seattle
Old 10-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #8
geekraver
Addict

I just want to repeat to everyone that the readers are sold (they all went within an hour). I'll let people know if I get any more.

Edit: I will have more soon!

Last edited by geekraver; 10-02-2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver
Let's say there is a problem and I have to register the devices for the buyers
You'd have to have the devices phisically attached to your PC to register them, if I understood it correctly; I'm pretty sure I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver
can I download the e-books and e-mail them to the buyers for them to install, or do I have to have the readers physically attached to my PC? Hopefully the former in which case the buyers can safely take responsibility with the worst case being me e-mailing them the books they want.
The books download coded to the account, into the Connect Software on the downloading PC. I'm not sure you could get them out to email them -- I didn't try that. And they'd be encoded to the Reader(s) registered to the purchasing account, so they'd only play on that (those) Reader(s).

I'm pretty sure that your extra-U.S. buyers won't have any trouble registering their Readers or claiming their $50 credit, regardless of where they are. They just won't be able to buy anything with their own money unless they can somehow arrange a U.S. addressed credit card. Maybe make friends with a overseas-stationed U.S. Military person, or some other ex-patriot? That could get complicated, though....
Old 10-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #10
safin
ebook drooler
safin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
hey next time you get them, inform me. Am interested
Old 10-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #11
geekraver
Addict

Hi all

I have managed to secure another 12 readers that should arrive on Wednesday. I'm still asking $500. My basic cost per reader is about $420 once sales tax, PayPal, shipping to me and packaging have taken their cut, excluding my time spent repackaging, doing customs and shipping forms, etc, so although this is not cheap, I don't think its unreasonable given my costs. Be aware that you will need to add shipping costs to the $500 (typically about $38 for 3-5 day Global Express to Europe with $500 insurance). I should be able to ship on Friday; possibly Thursday (if I'm not out of town Thursday).

Last edited by geekraver; 10-03-2006 at 01:06 AM.
Closed Thread