Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #1
dsbruce
dsbruce began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Impressions of a new Jetbook Lite owner

I just got my Jetbook Lite and spent some time reading. I think this is a great reader! The menu system is very well thought out. It's nice to press a number button to choose an item instead of having to scroll. When I change viewing to landscape I was surprised to find the assignment of the arrow pad buttons to page forward or back changed as well. Finally, I love the number button/shortcut key assignments for settings and bookmarks. Very cool!
dsbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I like to use the number buttons as well, it's funny though, it seems like in all the
demo videos they scroll down and use the OK button.

The basic function of the JBL is pretty straight forward and intuitive, but there
are, at least some not so obvious key/button functions. I just stumbled across
the use of the OK button in PDFs, for the zooming grids, by accident.

I wish they came out with a real User Manual, that explained all the options
built-into the JBL. They aren't there by chance, a programmer had to have
put the functions/button response in there.

The PDF manual is some help but could be more inclusive.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Well, I didn't read the manual for jetBook-Lite maybe because I have regular jetBook and almost all main features the same. The main reason why i like jetBook-lite more - AA betteries part that I use as a holder. It is very handy to keep.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbruce View Post
I just got my Jetbook Lite and spent some time reading. I think this is a great reader! The menu system is very well thought out. It's nice to press a number button to choose an item instead of having to scroll. When I change viewing to landscape I was surprised to find the assignment of the arrow pad buttons to page forward or back changed as well. Finally, I love the number button/shortcut key assignments for settings and bookmarks. Very cool!
Welcome to the club, Dsbruce! I love my jetBook-lite too.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
Datatraveler
Datatraveler began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook lite
Yes welcome to the club.. The JBL does one thing really good it's a book reader. Nothing fancy, no gizmos just a book reader. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Datatraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
dsbruce
dsbruce began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you! I found a nice case for it last night. It's by Case Logic for the Sony Daily Edition ereader. It's a little big but zips so the Jetbook won't fall out and the battery buldge makes it fit snug.
dsbruce is offline   Reply With Quote