Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #16
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakim View Post
Maybe you could review reading epub & mobi books with coolreader
I wouldn't bother with coolreader. Unlike pbimageviewer it is not developed anymore.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #17
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
the menu, which comes up when you press the middle of the page, initially comes in russian but english labels can be seen by holding your finger on menu items.
Which coolreader version do you use? It probably makes sense to continue discussion in this thread
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #18
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
Which coolreader version do you use? It probably makes sense to continue discussion in this thread
I am using this one. Just tried the one you have posted, but margin settings are no longer respected, title font is totally unreadable and the menu looks exactly the same like in the other version. Even I like how you grouped the settings (other fixes/new features don't seem that important to me), I still prefer original v0.0.6-6. Apart from the tiny buttons inside the top panel even the application is no longer updated, Cool Reader works nicely (the most important things work the way they should - I can configure the app, I can easily access contents plus both touch screen and physical page turn buttons work well).

Last edited by hakim; 12-18-2014 at 08:02 AM.
hakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #19
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
I am using this one. Just tried the one you have posted, but margin settings are no longer respected, title font is totally unreadable and the menu looks exactly the same like in the other version.
The latest version is here. I'm not aware of any problems with margins and other settings. The menu in the last version probably will be without labels if your language is not English. If labels are needed you need to change a skin. In the old version is also possible to change menu. In the Users tips, apps and FAQs for the new reader models thread there is description how. Look for
Quote:
Note: for the correct menu image file copy the appropiate attached file in the "skin" subfolder (under "system/bin/share/cr3/bin"). ...
in the first message.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #20
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
The latest version is here. I'm not aware of any problems with margins and other settings.
If you go to page settings -> page margins and adjust them there, the setting is not respected. I guess, it's because this settings is overridden by the setting in CSS file.
Quote:
The menu in the last version probably will be without labels if your language is not English. If labels are needed you need to change a skin. In the old version is also possible to change menu. In the Users tips, apps and FAQs for the new reader models thread there is description how. Look for

in the first message.
The menu looks good to me in the latest version (0.0.6-16_3.0.57-15). Thanks.
Advert
Old 12-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #21
pkbo
Addict

Quote:
If you go to page settings -> page margins and adjust them there, the setting is not respected. I guess, it's because this settings is overridden by the setting in CSS file.
I guess "Style settings" -> "Document embedded styles" option is set. If it is so, disabling it will solve the issue.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #22
hakim
Connoisseur

Quote:
I guess "Style settings" -> "Document embedded styles" option is set. If it is so, disabling it will solve the issue.
Thanks. It worked.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #23
hakim
Connoisseur

I have attached my settings file for people who want to use Cool Reader with Inkpad but don't want to struggle with tiny buttons in the top panel to configure everything themselves. The ini file should be copied to system/config/cr3 folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cr3.zip (1.4 KB, 148 views)
Old 12-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #24
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Okay, so I've downgraded. Yech. The interface is so ugly that I'm really thinking about upgrading again.

I'm experiemnt with apps this weekend.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #25
hakim
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Okay, so I've downgraded. Yech. The interface is so ugly that I'm really thinking about upgrading again.

I'm experiemnt with apps this weekend.
It looks a bit worse, but you can now see time and battery percentage while reading, you can switch between open apps and go to home screen faster, you have a choice of three reading apps for epub & mobi books (two preinstalled by default (AdobeViewer & fbreader) plus Cool Reader), you can see many more books in the home screen, rkomar's comic book viewer now shows additional info in the status bar.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #26
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It looks a bit worse, but you can now see time and battery percentage while reading, you can switch between open apps and go to home screen faster, you have a choice of three reading apps for epub & mobi books (two preinstalled by default (AdobeViewer & fbreader) plus Cool Reader), you can see many more books in the home screen, rkomar's comic book viewer now shows additional info in the status bar.
Plus there are more formatting options for Epub, and the text looks better. It's pretty nice.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #27
hakim
Connoisseur

Quote:
Plus there are more formatting options for Epub, and the text looks better. It's pretty nice.
Did you manage to install Cool Reader and rkomar's comic viewer?
Old 12-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #28
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Did you manage to install Cool Reader and rkomar's comic viewer?
Tried, but they still don't work.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #29
hakim
Connoisseur

Quote:
Tried, but they still don't work.
What do you mean by "don't work"? Do the applications crash for you on start, do you get some error or simply you don't know how to change the application for opening specific file format? What have you tried?
Old 12-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #30
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
What do you mean by "don't work"? Do the applications crash for you on start, do you get some error or simply you don't know how to change the application for opening specific file format? What have you tried?
Coolreader still isn't showing up as an app, and PDImageviewer runs, and can browse the folder structure, but can't actually see the ebooks in the folder.