Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Your Favourite Romance

I'm a die hard lover of any romance and I just wanted to find out what romance novels people love. Looking for new books to read!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
You need to check out / subscribe to this thread (it'll make ya go broke!):

Free and bargain romance ebooks + Discussion October 2013

I'm re-reading SEP's This Heart of Mine (lots of people take issue with this book, but I don't ) for the gazillionth time and I have a TBR list longer than I don't know what.

(Oh never mind. I looked at your posting history and see you've been there. )

Last edited by copyrite; 10-03-2013 at 08:46 AM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
What sort of romance do you like? (contemporary, historical, paranormal?)
I'm currently reading the Beltane Choice by Nancy Jardine and it's a belter! It's set in Roman Britain and is the story of a Celtic princess abducted by the chief from a rival Celtic clan. Lots of sexual tension and a great read.
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #4
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Umm I read all sorts really. It's hard to pin point a particular genre of romance. If I like the sounds of what it is about I will give it a go.

But I do slightly favour historical, regency and paranormal.

Last edited by MorganM; 10-04-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Historical romance is my go-to genre. There are so many great books out there that it's probably easier to mention my auto-buy authors, rather than specific books.
Elizabeth Hoyt and her Maiden Lane series are all very engrossing. She writes believable characters and the romance is steamy and satisfying. Another would be Tessa Dare and her Spindle Cove books - a touch of humour in these and wonderfully entertaining stories.
Advert
Old 10-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, hands down my favorite. There are 7 books in the series now and #8 is due out....gosh, they keep pushing the date further and further away....now it's March, 2014. And Kindle's price for me from the U.S. store while I reside in Canada, an outrageous $24.62. Wow, that needs to change....

Anyway...yes, I collected the paper version of the entire series. The most recent one, An Echo in the Bone, ended with 4 cliffhangers, so I've been waiting for resolutions. It's time travel and romance. Here's the Amazon blurb from the first book, Outlander:
Quote:
Claire Randall is leading a double life. She has a husband in one century, and a lover in another...

In 1945, Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon—when she innocently touches a boulder in one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach—an "outlander"—in a Scotland torn by war and raiding border clans in the year of our Lord...1743.

Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire's destiny in soon inextricably intertwined with Clan MacKenzie and the forbidden Castle Leoch. She is catapulted without warning into the intrigues of lairds and spies that may threaten her life ...and shatter her heart. For here, James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, shows her a passion so fierce and a love so absolute that Claire becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire...and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #7
MorganM
Fanatic

Thank you!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #8
Marsi
Nameless Being

As you've said that you favour historical, regency and paranormal, I'd like to recommend a contemporary romance -- just to spice things up. I think you should look at Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

Quote:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris -- until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all... including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?
All but one of my GoodReads friends (of those who have read it - over ten!) have rated it 4-5/5. YA-with-romantic-overtones author John Green (An Abundance Of Katherines, The Fault In Our Stars) has recommended it more than once in his vlog. It's been nominated for three awards: Cybils Award for Young Adult Fiction, The Inky Awards, The Abraham Lincoln Award.

Kindle -- Kobo -- Nook -- Google
Old 10-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
"The Nabob's Widow" by Elsie Lee
"The Cliffs of Night" and "The Court of Silver Shadows" by Beatrice Brandon
"One Summer" by Karen Robards
"Welcome To Temptation" by Jennifer Crusie
"The Grand Sophy" and "Frederica" by Georgette Heyer
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #10
Grace Elliot
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
"The Nabob's Widow" by Elsie Lee
"The Cliffs of Night" and "The Court of Silver Shadows" by Beatrice Brandon
"One Summer" by Karen Robards
"Welcome To Temptation" by Jennifer Crusie
"The Grand Sophy" and "Frederica" by Georgette Heyer
You've got my romance juices going now...some lovely books there.
I'm currently reading 'The PIrate Next Door' - HR by Jennifer Ashely - This is the first of hers that I've read but she certainly writes a good pirate *winks*
Old 10-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
For me it's all about the bad boys. Don't want one in real life but on the page? Oh yum.

Lothaire by Kresley Cole
Or if I want to go old school bodice ripper
The Silver Devil by Teresa Denys
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
Grace Elliot
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittybye View Post
For me it's all about the bad boys. Don't want one in real life but on the page? Oh yum.

Lothaire by Kresley Cole
Or if I want to go old school bodice ripper
The Silver Devil by Teresa Denys
I love a good bodice ripper - I'm off to check that one out. [Update - The Silver Devil doesn't appear to be available as an ebook :-( ]
Oh yes, and talk about bad boys - in The Pirate Next Door the villain stripped the heroine naked and paraded her in chains on the deck of his ship...

Last edited by Grace Elliot; 10-17-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #13
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Thumbs up

You might want to check out Sandra Hill's two takes on the historical bodice-ripper, "Frankly My Dear" and its sequel, "Sweeter Savage Love" (a take-off on Rosemary Rogers' "Sweet Savage Love") . Both are hysterical, romantic and sexy, and are two of my favorite books.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #14
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I would suggest Janet Evanovich and Lois Greiman. They both write romance and romantic mysteries. Both authors have made me laugh out loud and just good relaxing reading IMO.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote