Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Talking incorrect time syncing in the UK?

hi all, just noticed that my brand new replacement is with its onw personal time zone, as even after re-syncing it keeps showing 30 minutes earlier than it actually is. I am in the UK (and in case you wonder, both WIFI and desktop sync produce the same time). Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

EDIT: shame on me - it is not done on syncing, I had to set the time right. Oops

Last edited by paola; 04-01-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: problem solved!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
EDIT: shame on me - it is not done on syncing, I had to set the time right. Oops
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
~tjayz~
~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.~tjayz~ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo, Mini, Aura
Glad it's not just me! My Kobo Mini arrived today so I was adjusting the settings. I already have a Glo so knew what to do, or so I thought... made sure the time zone was correct and thought that's all I had to do.... wrong! Took me 3 goes to realise that I had to set the time right as well... d'uh
~tjayz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:29 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~tjayz~ View Post
Glad it's not just me! My Kobo Mini arrived today so I was adjusting the settings. I already have a Glo so knew what to do, or so I thought... made sure the time zone was correct and thought that's all I had to do.... wrong! Took me 3 goes to realise that I had to set the time right as well... d'uh
there is comfort in numbers
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #5
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
there is comfort in numbers
I hope the following makes you feel better: 4 98 23 381
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
LOL!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Personally I prefer

A fourteen, a seven, a nine, and lychees.

For Bonus points: Identify the sauce of this.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Personally I prefer

A fourteen, a seven, a nine, and lychees.

For Bonus points: Identify the sauce of this.
I Like Chinese - Monty Python. What do I win?

(I think you mean 'source' by the way )
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No Bilbo; I picked SAUCE intentionally to tie in with the quote.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #10
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
No Bilbo; I picked SAUCE intentionally to tie in with the quote.
Sorry, sense of humour failure on my part
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Ahhh! The dreaded PEBKAC error is seen again!

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #13
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Ahhh! The dreaded PEBKAC error is seen again!

Regards,
David
I guess you could say ID-10T error