Notices

Old 01-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
Accessing back the music player

Hello Odyssey Community.

How do I get back to the music player once it has been launched and I am reading a book? e.g. to pause the music, or have it played louder or lower?

So far, I did not find any other way as to reach the library, reach the Music folder, tap on another mp3 file in order to display the music menu...

Thanks in advance for your feedbacks and comments!
Fourvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourvin View Post
So far, I did not find any other way as to reach the library, reach the Music folder, tap on another mp3 file in order to display the music menu...
I think that is it. Maybe you should ask the manual about it. Nevermind, the manual sucks unfortunately. The music player is poorly impemented as of right now. I believe Bookeen only put it in to add a feature that competitors don't have or also have. Maybe in future updates it will be useable.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I think that is it. Maybe you should ask the manual about it. Nevermind, the manual sucks unfortunately. The music player is poorly impemented as of right now. I believe Bookeen only put it in to add a feature that competitors don't have or also have. Maybe in future updates it will be useable.
I agree. Not really useable right now, but again, it is not the main purpose of that device.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:12 AM   #4
lorenzosu
lorenzosu began at the beginning.

Device: odyssey
Just tried the 'feature'... and it's totally unusable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
I agree. Not really useable right now, but again, it is not the main purpose of that device.
Well then why bother implementing it? :|

Hopefully this can be corrected software-wise simply adding a "shortcut" to the book menu.
lorenzosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
fred_feuer
fred_feuer began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen cybook odyssey
I was wondering about this implementation too. Not usable at all!

Hopefully this will change in future software versions.
fred_feuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzosu View Post
Well then why bother implementing it? :|
To be able to write "You can listen to your MP3's while reading" on the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzosu View Post
Hopefully this can be corrected software-wise simply adding a "shortcut" to the book menu.
I hope so, but they haven't shipped any updates in months, including the much more requested dictionaries and word search. I won't surprise by not seeing anything new coming for the Odyssey.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Nevrose
Nevrose began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey
- When you click on an mp3, it starts playing from the begining.
- When you close the music menu, you cannot access it again without a click on an mp3 (as stated above).
- When you play an mp3, you cannot navigate secondes or minutes before or later.

That is really an issue when trying to read a hour long podcast.
I consider that being able to hear podcast can be expected from such a device.

(My work around : splitting the sound file in smaller chunks, wich can be made for example using the mp3splt sourceforge project (one can google this)).
Nevrose is offline   Reply With Quote