Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
Confused about Kindle 3 case

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a case for my Kindle3, BUT I'm confused as to which one to get. On one end theres the bundlemonster leather case retailing for around 16 bucks and at the exact other end is the Amazon case for double the price. There seems to be quite a lot of reviews on the amazon case but none that I've come across on the bundlemonster case.

Does anyone have it? And does it make a difference i.e. the hinges on the amazon case vs the 'straps' on the bundlemonster?
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you can afford it, get the Amazon lighted case. The light works really, really well.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
ZenRunner
Enthusiast
ZenRunner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-300
I agree with Harry. I love my Amazon lighted case.
ZenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

well, about that... err... $60 is waaay above my budget for a case actually.
So I guess its only between those two. My only concern is if the straps are as strong as the hinge, and how is it like half the price of the amazon case...
Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
The Amazon case is beautifully made and from real leather but I am sure you can get a case which protects your Kindle just as well for a whole lot less - it probably won't be made of genuine leather but does that matter? Anyway if you do get a case from Amazon and you don't like it then at least you can return it to Amazon and choose something else.

If you're feeling crafty, you could always make your own case with a suitably sized photo album or book cover and stick the Kindle in using plenty of Velcro on the back or with thick elastic straps.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a case for my Kindle3, BUT I'm confused as to which one to get. On one end theres the bundlemonster leather case retailing for around 16 bucks and at the exact other end is the Amazon case for double the price. There seems to be quite a lot of reviews on the amazon case but none that I've come across on the bundlemonster case.

Does anyone have it? And does it make a difference i.e. the hinges on the amazon case vs the 'straps' on the bundlemonster?
Well, they aren't the same.......the bundlemonster is "synthetic leather", and the Amazon case is real leather.

regardless of which one you choose, you can return if not satisfied, but will have to pay return shipping since it would not be 'defective'.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
My Kindle 1 and 2 are in M-Edge cases with corner straps (have one for the Sony 505 as well) and they have worked very well for me. I could not find the bundlemonster case you're referring to but I would think it would work as well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I got my k3 with the amazon basic cover. But after seeing and using a friend's k3 with the light cover I just had to get one and it is in the mail.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #9
ski_power
Book eater

@desertgrandma: Oh yes. Thank You for bringing that to my attention! I'd have ordered that by mistake. A quick look at their website puts the leather case at $22 which is still just a shade over half the price. As for shipping them back, that's a hassle that I don't want to get involved in.

@daffy4u: Here's the link http://www.bundlemonster.com/Bundle-...B00432KNTY.htm

@cvkemp: Well to be honest I'd LOVE the lighted cover too, but its just that I'll have to wait for quite a long time in order to 'get' funds for that. Is a one month wait worth it according to you?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
@desertgrandma: Oh yes. Thank You for bringing that to my attention! I'd have ordered that by mistake. A quick look at their website puts the leather case at $22 which is still just a shade over half the price. As for shipping them back, that's a hassle that I don't want to get involved in.

@daffy4u: Here's the link http://www.bundlemonster.com/Bundle-...B00432KNTY.htm

@cvkemp: Well to be honest I'd LOVE the lighted cover too, but its just that I'll have to wait for quite a long time in order to 'get' funds for that. Is a one month wait worth it according to you?
I understand that too. What ever you get I sure hope it works for you. The main thing is to enjoy reading on the kindle.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Thanks for the link! I was searching Amazon for it. I think that cover will work well (I've never had a problem with corner straps). If you really want the Amazon lighted cover (love it for my K3) you will have some great protection for your K3 while you save for it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
ski_power
Book eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Thanks for the link! I was searching Amazon for it. I think that cover will work well (I've never had a problem with corner straps). If you really want the Amazon lighted cover (love it for my K3) you will have some great protection for your K3 while you save for it.
Well that sounds like a pretty decent idea. Atleast in the meanwhile I'll actually have some protection. My main concern is that I want to just 'throw' it in my book bag. Currently I slide it into the paper holder slot of my folder.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
geemac
Enthusiast
geemac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3G, Nook Glowlight, Nook HD+,Kobo Touch,Kindle Paper
Bundlemonster leather case

Thanks for this, just ordered a Bundlemonster leather case. 10 to 20 day shipping to the UK @ only $4.00 so total £ price is only about £16.50. Very happy
geemac is offline   Reply With Quote