Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 01-29-2014, 05:16 AM   #1
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Deleting Books from Marvin

I use Calibre to manage all my books in Marvin on my iPad. Apart from the problem with cover art not displaying properly (something which I rectify by reconverting the epub in Calibre) - I really love the app.
Just one little query. I have just realised that I have way too many books on my iPad, and I want to remove a whole lot of them and just keep the books I really want to read on my iPad. I have been deleting the books through Calibre because although I want to remove the books from my iPad, I want to keep them in Calibre.
It's a slow process doing this. If I delete the books through Marvin on my iPad (which I am hoping will be a quicker process), will this affect the books I have in Calibre when I connect my iPad to Calibre on my computer?
This may seem a silly question, but I don't want to loose any of the books in Calibre (I have a lot of them) and I really don't want to have to put them back into Calibre, which would take ages.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:28 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Deleting books from Marvin, won't affect your calibre library.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:32 AM   #3
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Many thanks!!!
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Isn't it quicker to use Calibre? Select the books you want to delete from the device, then right click one of them and select "Remove matching books from device" from the pop-up menu. No need to do it one at a time. Alternatively, select the "Device" view in Calibre, and delete using that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvin