Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
How to change source file without re-entering meta data?

Hi,

I have some .PDF ebook source files, and have added them to calibre, edited the meta data, added covers, etc., and then converted to .MOBI format for use on my Blackberry.

In the end, I decided the formatting of the .PDF sources wasn't to my liking, plus there were some errors that needed correcting, so I converted the .PDF to .HTML, and edited the files so they are perfect.

So now I want to replace the .PDF sources with the updated .HTML ones, but I don't want to simply add them as new books, because of the effort I already went through adding them to calibre and entering the meta data, etc.

Is there a simple way to change out the .PDF source for the .HTML so I can reconvert to .MOBI?

Many thanks
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
In calibre, select the book in question, then press 'E' to edit metadata. In the upper-right corner you will find a book icon with a + on it. This adds a format to a book. Push it, add the HTML , and press OK. You now will have both the PDF and HTML formats attached to the book.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Thank you

Cheers,
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
This is a great example of what I keep reminding people of: In calibre, a book isn't a file. A book is an abstract object that consists of zero or more files of content plus calibre's stored metadata. The book isn't the pdf file, or the html file, or the mobi file, or any other file; they're just formats the book contents exist in. So as chaley says, you just have to add whatever formats -- whatever specific files -- you want to the abstraction called a book.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Pickering
Connoisseur
Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
Good tip. Thanks!
Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert