Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #31
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Make sure you're changing the file extension. It's default to hide the file extension so m0_joe's link to how to show file extensions works.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:04 AM   #32
karenv
karenv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Reader, iPhone
I called Support yesterday and was told that all Kobo purchases should be downloaded using the Kobo software, NOT Digital Editions. I was having the same problem but when I downloaded the same books with Kobo, everything was fine. He also said a software update will be coming within a month or so and it *will* include book management.
karenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #33
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
A month?! Where's my "release early, release often"??
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #34
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
I'm guessing they are prioritizing getting the kinks out of the firmware first, and the month is just for the Desktop App software.

Better not take them a month to get us a firmware update
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #35
Turt99
Connoisseur
Turt99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I really don't think they should be telling us in advance if they are 100% sure there will be something. They need to under promise and over deliver.

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't see the firmware update that I thought we heard about from a Kobo employee, I just want to see the answer to the font-sizing issue so I know if we need to edit our books to have them work (bad) or if they will all just start working (good).
Turt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #36
juiceless
Enthusiast
juiceless began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turt99 View Post
I'm a little disappointed that we didn't see the firmware update that I thought we heard about from a Kobo employee, I just want to see the answer to the font-sizing issue so I know if we need to edit our books to have them work (bad) or if they will all just start working (good).
No one from Kobo mentioned the timing of the first firmware release on these forums. All we had was a couple of people posting that they had been told by Kobo support on the phone that it would be coming this weekend - that's not a particularly reliable source of information for these sorts of things.
juiceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #37
marnom
Enthusiast
marnom began at the beginning.

This is coming from help support :
Quote:
Danielle LeBlanc, May 18 13:09 (EDT):
Hi Mario,
I'm sorry to hear about the glitch.
We are coming out with a Kobo eReader software update later in the week. Could you possibly wait for the update and see if the glitch is corrected?
If the glitch is not corrected in the software update, we will further investigate the issue because this is the first instance of the glitch we have encountered.
Sincerely,
The Kobo Team
marnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #38
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceless View Post
No one from Kobo mentioned the timing of the first firmware release on these forums. All we had was a couple of people posting that they had been told by Kobo support on the phone that it would be coming this weekend - that's not a particularly reliable source of information for these sorts of things.

Well, when the cat is away, the mice will play...
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote