Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
sigizmund
sigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheesesigizmund can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook && Android
Hi all — and see the code

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here, just joined as you can probably see. I am not coming to you with empty hands - I've developed (well, almost developed) an application for downloading fanfiction from various websites, and I'm happy to share it with the world. It's open-source, written in Python, supports 3 major fanfiction resources and outputs to epub and html. If you want to join the project - feel free to write me, otherwise just use it and tell me what you think!

How is it different from FLAG? Well, I didn't make FLAG work properly with epub, as it was requiring some weird-ish PHP libraries, so I decided to write my own downloader, which benefits of a component architecture, can be extended to infinity and beyond and doesn't require anything apart of what comes with it (which is BeautifulSoup library for handling HTML - luckily, it's just a one .py file).

http://code.google.com/p/fanficdownloader/

Have fun!

P.S. it's heavily in development now, but functioning properly, providing everything what was advertised. Will mostly be interested to some one who doesn't afraid to get hands dirty in the code.

Last edited by sigizmund; 12-17-2009 at 10:11 AM.
sigizmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi sigizmund and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, sigizmund
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote