Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #451
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
It is amazing but where free things are included, the public has this nasty way of insisting on more.
Robert, I guess as the old saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #452
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Great job on the "sticky"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
I was trying to put together a bunch of information about the EZ Reader, and looked at the FAQ, but couldn't find ANYTHING about the battery model (the Nokia for the 6", the LG for the 5"). Could you point to the right place? Or provide the Nokia battery model #? Also, I tried to find the LG battery that's used in the 5", but most of the sites I found wanted you to select the LG PHONE model in order to order the battery, and the writing on the back of the battery that you provided the picture of didn't look like it had anything useful in that regard. How do you find the battery to order? Model #'s, search criteria, etc???

Another item: the EZ Readers come with an AC Adapter. But for those ordering from outside of the US, do they also get the US 110V adapter? Or do they get a country-specific adapter? I know AC Adapters are a MESS for all the different countries!

Thanks!

Everett
Dear Everett:

Thank you for a good write-up in the sticky!!

Today, as of noon, we have finally finished a lengthy rewrite of the FAQ. It now lists the features and formats for BOTH the Pocket PRO and the EZ Reader Basic. It lists the battery replacement numbers. I think it is finally a far better sheet that tells a lot more (particularly in regards to the Pocket PRO features.

Now they will send that off to have the Web Guru post it up!

The units come with 110-120 volt and U.S. plug. Yes, in some other countries the end user will need an adapter. We are supposed to be selling in only North America and when we ship outside of that area... I apologize, but an adapter may be needed.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #453
rling
Connoisseur
rling began at the beginning.

Device: Mentor Lite, Nook Color, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Please go to www.astak.com to place your order (pre-order).
Been there, done that. Just did not see the international order button first time around. Will be busy counting down till end of month for a maroon one (had to convinve the little one that selecting a pink one is not conducive to improving my image when I borrow it, which would be often)

Sorely tempted to order two, but there wasn't a discount for postage. Paying US$80 for 2 units to be delivered was just a touch pricey.
rling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #454
rling
Connoisseur

Quote:
I will try to go to Rhino Skin and see if they have a generic case that would work. We are also working on our own custom cases.
That would be ideal - better to have a quality case rather than some cheap and nasty e-bay ones.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #455
rling
Connoisseur

Quote:
The units come with 110-120 volt and U.S. plug. Yes, in some other countries the end user will need an adapter. We are supposed to be selling in only North America and when we ship outside of that area... I apologize, but an adapter may be needed.
I assume it is not auto switching to 240 volts (many chargers from China does auto switch), which means a plug adapter will be unsuitable. Any details on specification so I can get another here?

If details not available, I can still use the MicroUSB plug to charge the unit - got too many of there sitting around the place.
Advert
Old 08-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #456
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does have auto-switch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rling View Post
I assume it is not auto switching to 240 volts (many chargers from China does auto switch), which means a plug adapter will be unsuitable. Any details on specification so I can get another here?

If details not available, I can still use the MicroUSB plug to charge the unit - got too many of there sitting around the place.
Dear rling

Yes, it DOES have the auto switch to 240 volts!! Sorry, my tech just told me belatedly.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #457
Robertb

It is a VERY pretty pink.

Quote:
Been there, done that. Just did not see the international order button first time around. Will be busy counting down till end of month for a maroon one (had to convinve the little one that selecting a pink one is not conducive to improving my image when I borrow it, which would be often)

Sorely tempted to order two, but there wasn't a discount for postage. Paying US$80 for 2 units to be delivered was just a touch pricey.
Dear rling:

I know what you mean. That shade of Fuscia Pink is very pretty. I do not know. I do not think I would mind at all carrying that around. It totally caught me by surprise how attractive that is.

I could TRY to ship two in one box and save on freight a bit. Are you in Taiwan? Tell me and I will go and see what postage would be with two in one box. We might also (according to my Operations Manager) find a slightly slower way that would bring the cost down when shipping two to a box.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #458
Robertb

No good dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Robert, I guess as the old saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished!
Dear GA Russell:

99% of the public are very nice people. It is the 1% that pull apart the plastic halves, remove the electronics, maybe insert a snall stone for weight, and then return it to the store. These idiots would sell their mother on a Ponzi scheme. It is a shame what that miserable 1% does to keep prices high.

On a separate note: we spent the afternoon today doing trial shoots for a Pocket PRO video to put up on YouTube. Tomorrow is the real thing! It is NOT glitz and gloss... just a very down-to-earth walk-thru on the Pocket PRO.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #459
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Any USB charger that supplies 5V 1A should work fine (that is what the EZ Reader charger supplies), standard chargers might only provide 0.5A and that should be ok too (since that is what a laptop, say, would provide). The model number for the EZ Reader charger is UE05WCP-050100SPA. It is a "travel charger", switching between 100-240V, but it only comes with the US plug adapter.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #460
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
guys, I thought you might want to know that the ez reader is 210 at frys

link
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #461
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I wants my birthday present, precious! My birthday is tomorrow, and I wants it! I sense a two-week long pout-session coming on
Mine is in ab out 4 weeks, I hope I get it by then....
congrats by the way!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #462
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Dear spear:

WoW!! Your husband is a lucky man. You are really nice!!

I know your feeling about buying new and untested product with the kinks not worked out! Realize the following:

1. The Pocket PRO is made by the biggest manufacturer of eBook Reader devices in the world.
2. The Pocket PRO in a more full featured and faster version of the EZ Reader Basic. MILLIONS of this other model (under various names) are out and loved around the world. THe Pocket PRO has the same design and the same numerical approach to making a selection. Fundamentally, I expect the Pocket PRO to be more reliable if that is possible.
3. That factory does Beta Testing!! Thousands of this model were used and abused repeatedly before the factory gave release on it.
4. Astak receives samples a good three months before release. We beat them HARD. Every effort is made to cause a glitch by hitting two buttons at once, hitting a button and canceling immediately, and giving the samples to our staff without any instructions! We are expected to blindly try to get the thing to work with no instruction how to do it. ONLY when we are rock certain positive that we will not have any problems do we agree to sell the device!

SO... this is not an untested new concept that cuts every new frontier. ALL the features have been around for quite a while... just never out together in such large variety on a 5 inch device.

I think you will LOVE your new Maroon. The color is in the resin and the finish is Matte... so the color never wears off or will attract fingerprints. I would say that YOU have made a great decision!
Robert, you should have sent me one earlier, I am a test engineer and could have helped
Old 08-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #463
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Dear Everett:

Thank you for a good write-up in the sticky!!

Today, as of noon, we have finally finished a lengthy rewrite of the FAQ. It now lists the features and formats for BOTH the Pocket PRO and the EZ Reader Basic. It lists the battery replacement numbers. I think it is finally a far better sheet that tells a lot more (particularly in regards to the Pocket PRO features.

Now they will send that off to have the Web Guru post it up!

can you post a direct link ?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #464
rling
Connoisseur

Quote:
Dear rling:
I could TRY to ship two in one box and save on freight a bit. Are you in Taiwan? Tell me and I will go and see what postage would be with two in one box. We might also (according to my Operations Manager) find a slightly slower way that would bring the cost down when shipping two to a box.
Here in Australia. Would appreciate it if you could advise me. Would not mind a second unit for myself, if the postage could be reduced.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #465
rling
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The model number for the EZ Reader charger is UE05WCP-050100SPA. It is a "travel charger", switching between 100-240V, but it only comes with the US plug adapter.
Perfect. A cheapie pin plug adaptor would suffice for everyone's usage.