Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by specficwriter View Post
I do have calibre, but had never used the search before. Unfortunately, the search did not turn up any results for the liveship traders on Kobo.

Thank you!
You're welcome. Is this what you want?

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...PE-OzewzDq6AFw

Last edited by MobileJanie; 12-04-2013 at 07:14 PM.
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #17
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
I'm having trouble searching (or finding) some of these on Kobo. Is there an advanced search where I can use the ISBN?
Kobo allows direct ISBN search through the standard interface. Just copy and paste into the regular search box, and there you go. (Note that if the book isn't available in your region, it won't show up.)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #18
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
- Daphne Du Maurier Omnibus 1,2,3,4 (Kobo India or other obscure country for couponable, 9781405523790, 9781405523806,9781405523813, 9781405523820)
- NF History: Antonia Fraser Collection - 9781780226316
- Young Adult Historical Mystery: Caroline Lawrence's Roman Mysteries Complete Collection - 9781444009996
- Historical Romance/Fiction (in India): The Indu Sundaresan Collection: The Twentieth Wife, Feast of Roses, and Shadow Princess - 9781476764184
- The Javier Sierra Collection: The Secret Supper, The Lost Angel, and The Lady in Blue - 9781451689495
- Historical Mystery (in Egypt): Paul Doherty's The Amerotke Omnibus (Book 2->4) - 9781472202512
- Historical Mystery: Paul Doherty - The Canterbury Tales By Night Omnibus (Book 1->3) - 9781472202536
- Historical Mystery: Paul Doherty - The Hugh Corbett Omnibus (Book 1->3) - 9781472202529
- Francine Rivers' Mark of the Lion Collection - 9781414382968
- Pearl Buck's The Good Earth Trilogy - 9781480430419

Last edited by mimosavj; 12-04-2013 at 09:18 PM.
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
Yes! Unfortunately I get this message: This eBook is not currently available.

Which as Rev Bob pointed out, probably means it isn't available here (US).

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileJanie View Post
You're welcome. Is this what you want?

http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...PE-OzewzDq6AFw
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Big Sky Collection 3 Novels by CJ Box ISBN: 9780857899354
9 Books by Tami Hoag ISBN 9781409127802
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Several Ngaio Marsh/Inspector Alleyn three book collections are available at some of the Kobo stores, but they are fairly geographically restricted, IMS. I picked them up on my last trip to New Zealand a while back .

If you seach on "Ngaio Marsh Alleyn" in the New Zealand store, they all pop right up because they are all titled Inspector Alleyn 3-Book Collection #N. They show up right now as $14.59 vs. $9.99 each for the individual books, and at least when I bought them a few weeks ago, were couponable in New Zealand.

Link is here for NZ: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-nz/Sea...o+marsh+alleyn

If you search on "Ngaio Marsh Collection" you get all the individual books too, because they all say "The Ngaio Marsh Collection" in parentheses after their titles.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Yes! Unfortunately I get this message: This eBook is not currently available.

Which as Rev Bob pointed out, probably means it isn't available here (US).

Thanks again!
I don't think I will ever understand the way the Kobo website works. I am in Australia, I don't have a VPN set up, so without being logged into a Kobo account I assume it will see I am in Australia. It doesn't, though, as my link to your book shows, it was the en-US store being searched, then you, in the US, get the not currently available message.

It really is only the massive discounts posted by the kind people on these forums that keep me coming back.
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #23
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Pig Trilogy, by Joseph Caldwell, combines The Pig Did It, The Pig Comes to Dinner, and The Pig Goes to Hog Heaven. I haven't read this yet, but the series looked cute. I found it in the US, where it was couponable at the time I bought it.

Link is here: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/the-pig-trilogy
Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

There are three Mickey Spillane/Mike Hammer collections available, but they are Penguin and not couponable in the US, at least. I had bought these way back from Fictionwise, when they were couponable, so I haven't gone looking for a Kobo site where they might be couponable now, but maybe someone else can do that if interested.

The US link is: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/Sea...n&fcmedia=Book
Old 12-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #25
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy -- 9780307498465

$12.99 on Kobo, $10.99 at Amazon

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-04-2013 at 10:16 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileJanie View Post
I don't think I will ever understand the way the Kobo website works. I am in Australia, I don't have a VPN set up, so without being logged into a Kobo account I assume it will see I am in Australia. It doesn't, though, as my link to your book shows, it was the en-US store being searched, then you, in the US, get the not currently available message.

It really is only the massive discounts posted by the kind people on these forums that keep me coming back.
I think there is a lot of "memory" to their website. When I take quick trips, I find it best to change my country, then log out and re-log in, to make sure I am really in the country I think I'm in...

"If it's Tuesday, this must be Belgium"...
Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #27
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Steven Saylor's Gordianus the Finder Ominbus is not available in the US, but is available in the UK, and probably some other sites as well. It was couponable when I bought it a couple of weeks ago.

UK link is here: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-gb/Sea...dianus+omnibus

Notice it says it's books 1-4, but it's probably not...according to the titles provided for the individual books, it's actually books 1 and 2, and then two more from later in the series. I've been busy and haven't had a chance to open it and see which ones it really is...
Old 12-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #28
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Gail Bowen has three bundles available in the US and Canada, at least:

The Early Investigations of Joanne Kilbourn
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...oanne-kilbourn

The Further Investigations of Joanne Kilbourn
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...oanne-kilbourn

The Gail Bowen Ebook Bundle
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...n-ebook-bundle

The first two feature (not surprising) Joanne Kilbourn as the sleuth, and the third one features talk-show radio host Charlie D.

I bought all three a while back and can't remember if they were couponable. The first two weren't, I think, and the last one was, but that's just how I remember it, and it may have changed since then, or be different in various countries.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #29
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Elizabeth Chadwick Bundle contains The Greatest Knight, The Scarlet Lion, and For the King's Favor.

It is couponable, in the US at least.

Link: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...e-king-s-favor
Old 12-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #30
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
The Rogues of Regent Street 4-Book Bundle: The Dangerous Gentleman, The Ruthless Charmer, The Beautiful Stranger, and The Secret Lover by Julia London. - ISBN: 9780345533685

The Borgias: Two Novels in One Volume by Jean Plaidy. - ISBN: 9780307816368

The Earth's Children Series 6-Book Bundle: The Clan of the Cave Bear, The Valley of Horses, The Mammoth Hunters, The Plains of Passage, The Shelters of Stone, The Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel. - ISBN: 9780345546005

King Raven: 3-in-1 of Hood, Scarlet, and Tuck by Stephen R. Lawhead. - ISBN: 9781401685393

Bronwyn Scott's Sexy Regency Bundle by Bronwyn Scott. - ISBN: 9781426827211

The Descent Series, Books 1-3: Death's Hand, The Darkest Gate, and Dark Union by SM Reine. - ISBN: 1230000125732

Soul Screamers Volume One: My Soul to Lose\My Soul to Take\My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent. - ISBN: 9781459281660

Soul Screamers Volume Two: My Soul to Keep\My Soul to Steal\Reaper by Rachel Vincent. - ISBN: 9781459249110

Vanessa Kelly Bundle: My Favorite Countess, Sex and the Single Earl, Mastering the Marquess by Kelly Vanessa. - ISBN: 9781420124972
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote