Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
Zazoo
Zazoo began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
Unhappy Search Engine Difficulties

Hello, brand new here, w/question about using the search engine. It seems an impossibility to narrow down topics, as the old forum comments tend to take up the bulk of search results. Thus making the MobileRead search engine for enTourage eDGe useless for the most part.

Perhaps there is a "trick" to excluding the old enTourage forums, while still limiting search results to MobileRead's active eDGe section? Perhaps I'm asking too much from a free service, but *whew* it's terribly frustrating not to be able to find help on aspects of the eDGe that are most likely buried in these forums, though sadly inaccessible.
Zazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
In the Advanced Search (see top of page for Search dropdown) you can select which Forums to search, and there is also an option whether to include child forums or not.

By the way, welcome!

Last edited by glow; 09-06-2011 at 07:27 PM.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
You can also search within a thread, which is sometimes useful!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazoo View Post
...help on aspects of the eDGe that are most likely buried in these forums, though sadly inaccessible.
As others have mentioned use the search "advance" option, but why frustrated with the data from the archive? After all it contains much more of the original findings.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Zazoo

Thanks everyone, I got it figured out. There IS a separate search option for the current eDGe forum, as well as the old forums...I just needed to put on my glasses and scroll down a bit more.

"why frustrated with the data from the archive? After all it contains much more of the original findings."

Are you suggesting that the current forum is redundant? Okay, for now on I'll limit my searches/reading to the old forums. I had no idea; thanks for the tip.
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
No, no, Zazoo!! It's all good!

Some of the info on the old forum hasn't been repeated, but some of the info on the new forum actually is new!! By the way, I think you can trust what Alefor said in the old forum post you found. I'm not 100% sure, but if it were me I might gamble $15 on the chance that stylus would work.

And don't hesitate to ask if you can't find what you need.

P.S. I love your avatar!

Last edited by Filark; 09-07-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
Zazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
No, no, Zazoo!! It's all good!
Every tutu has a silver lining.

Quote:
I think you can trust what Alefor said in the old forum post you found.
Good to know, but actually I don't do eBay. Just thought it might be useful for others here, who do.

Quote:
P.S. I love your avatar!
It's one of the predisgested avatars provided by MobileRead. Thought it would be a fun choice...especially for a dude...who's not gay (I think). 2 pirrouettes for you...wheeeee! :\

(And yes, I'm a Linux buff, the penguin theme did not go over my head. Good thing, too, since penguins can't fly. But as you can clearly see: they sure can dance!)

Last edited by Zazoo; 09-08-2011 at 06:07 PM.