Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 06:14 AM   #1
Dejavus
Dejavus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS600
Question about Book in progress History

Hi All,

I have a new PRS600 and coming from a Galaxy tab, I am not quite happy so far with how this device handle it content.

First of all, I can be reading multiple books in the Aldiko app and I ll be able to go back to any of them as they appear like a list on top of the shelf and by simply clicking on the cover takes me directly to the last page I was, I have noticed I can only have a last book on the sony which requires me to search again for any other book in progress, Its annoying as I can have up to 3 in progress at the same time.

second is the way page transit to another page, in aldiko, the whole page slides off and another slides in but this always transit like the page dissolves or something...

Any tips on these issues.

Thanks in advance.
Dejavus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Unless you can change the way eInk works and/or the laws of ohysics then page turns work the way they do because that's the way they work... eInk doesn't go with video speed rewrites, it's doing one thing (and doing it very well) and that's emulating paper... your page sliding in aldiko requires multiple screen updates as it's a moving image. If you want pretty page emulations etc then you go with LCD and short battery life, if you want to read books on a near-paper screen then eInk, and long battery life...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
Dejavus
Dejavus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS600
I have come to realise that..thanks for the info.
Dejavus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
You could set up a separate collection for the books you are reading. The Sony does keep the last page read for each book you are reading/have read.

Call the collection %%Reading or like that, so it sorts to the top of the list.

So to change books, Home -> Collections -> %%Reading -> Select Book.

The 650 shows 3 books on the home page, and there is a utility in this forum to set whcih 3 books show up.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
From someone elses recommendation here you can set a bookmark when you are reading. Then if you go into notes from the main screen you will see a list of all the bookmarks and you can jump to the book you want. It works quite well.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
aldiko