Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 08-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #31
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I cant duplicate this bug and the line numbers in the error message are wrong. Can you try uninstalling and re-installing libprs500.
Okay, I uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted. Here is a copy/paste of lastest attempt followed by version number:
Code:
D:\Work\JCarroll-BonesOfTheMoon>txt2lrf -a "John Carroll" -t "Bones of the Moon"
 --cover=bones.jpg bones.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "convert_from.py", line 97, in <module>
  File "convert_from.py", line 93, in main
  File "convert_from.py", line 83, in process_file
  File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\html\convert_from.pyo", line 1433, in process_file
  File "libprs500\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 56, in <module>
  File "libprs500\devices\libusb.pyo", line 32, in <module>
  File "libprs500\__init__.pyo", line 53, in load_library
  File "ctypes\__init__.pyo", line 423, in LoadLibrary
  File "ctypes\__init__.pyo", line 340, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found

D:\Work\JCarroll-BonesOfTheMoon>txt2lrf --version
libprs500 0.3.103
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah ok now that makes sense. Will be fixed in the next version. In the meantime if you remove the --cover option, you should be ok.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #33
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Hi Kovidgoyal,

using txt2lrf I got some text-encoding problems.

German "Umlaute" won't be transfered as they should.

umlaute.txt in ISO-8859-1 was converted with following line
Code:
txt2lrf -a "Tester" -t "Umlautetest" -e "ISO-8859-1" umlaute.txt
to umlaute.lrf.

Maybe I made a mistake?
Attached Files
File Type: txt umlaute.txt (141 Bytes, 943 views)
File Type: lrf umlaute.lrf (1.2 KB, 1046 views)
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:46 AM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds like the new encoding handling code is still buggy. I'll fix it when I return.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:58 AM   #35
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Quote:
Sounds like the new encoding handling code is still buggy. I'll fix it when I return.
You got a ticket. No: 192.

Have nice holidays. Or is it a work trip?
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #36
mcortez
mcortez began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I have a few layout questions...

Is there a way, when using lists to get the wrapped lines to indent and line up with the text from the previous line, like this:
Code:
* Here is some text that happens to wrap to the 
   second and third line  and I would like it to 
   indent and line up
Is there an equivalent to <DL> / <DT> for txt2lrf?

Is there a way to force a page break from the text file?

Are there any plans to support descendant selectors when using the --override-css option?

Code:
/* select paragraph tags inside list item tags */
li p
{
     font-style: italics;
}
Thanks for all the hard work!!!
mcortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #37
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can just embed HTML for your more sophisticated markup needs. There are no plans to support descendant selectors. I've forgotten the markdown syntax for embedded HTML, but google should allow you to find it in a jiffy.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #38
mcortez
mcortez began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Alrighty, I'll take a closer look at html2lrf so I can see what html is supported.
mcortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 PM   #39
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The demo file at the start of this thread may prove useful.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #40
stilliremain
stilliremain began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 eBoo
Can I stop it from using Markdown at all? I basically have lots of text files which I want to read on the reader as they are in sans-serif font with no jiggling. So plain text, convert it to sans-serif, don't do anything clever with the text.
stilliremain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #41
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It shouldn't do anything fancy with your txt if your txt doesn't have any Markdown markup
Old 02-10-2009, 06:06 AM   #42
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
It shouldn't do anything fancy with your txt if your txt doesn't have any Markdown markup
Unfortunately your txt may have something that looks like markdown markup but isn't, and the tool will make a real mess of it.

An option to disable markup processing would be very useful.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #43
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
An option to disable markup processing would be very useful.
Unfortunately, that isn't really possible without a re-write. The way txt2lrf works is that it uses Markdown to convert plain text into HTML, then converts the HTML into an LRF. Not processing Markdown markup means no HTML, which means nothing to convert into an LRF.

You may want to check out pielrf. I'm not sure that it's still maintained, but the last time I looked at it it worked, and seems to do what you want -- directly convert plain text to LRF with minimal special markup interpretation.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, txt2lrf