Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
shineofleo
shineofleo began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
New PRS-600 owner

Just want to say hi and I am glad to be proud owner of PRS-600.

I like the size which is portable, and the touch screen which is very useful to recorder anything and do the dictionary.

However the reflection of the screen is a bit annoying...

But the dual memory slot is great!

I believe this is a good forum for me to start my eLife!
shineofleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:13 AM   #2
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by shineofleo View Post
I would buy one today if nobody said that.
Why Sony why ??
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Hello welcome! I'm glad you like your Reader. Great gizmo!
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:40 AM   #4
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300com View Post
Why Sony why ??
OH NOEZ, TEH HORROR!!11eleven
See the device for yourself before making any subjective assumptions, please.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:56 AM   #5
Snowpenguin
Snowpenguin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
PRS-600 - not recognised

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300com View Post
Why Sony why ??
My new 600 doesn't reflect - but then on the other hand it doesn't charge and my computer does not recognise it, so it's not all good! Any ideas before I take it back?

Thank you
Snowpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #6
George
Enthusiast
George began at the beginning.

Device: iPad/iPhone - PRS 600
I have an idea. If you don't want any reflection pick up a paper book...

Grats on the new reader shineofleo. Hope you enjoy it.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #7
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpenguin View Post
My new 600 doesn't reflect - but then on the other hand it doesn't charge and my computer does not recognise it, so it's not all good! Any ideas before I take it back?
Have you tried another computer or a powered USB hub?
Old 09-28-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I don't get it. You said yourself
"However, the reflection of the screen is a bit annoying..."

So there you go. It's annoying, I agree then you defend your purchase.
ok. no problem. enjoy it.
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Welcome to the forums.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #10
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh Son View Post
Have you tried another computer or a powered USB hub?
My experience has been that powered USB hubs don't work with the Sony PRS 600. Have you had success with this?

As for the OP, it sounds as if the problem is between the device and the computer since it won't charge unless the computer can recognize it. I would suggest finding another computer and seeing if that is the problem and, if that doesn't work, see if you can get your hands on a PSP AC adaptor to give it an initial charge.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome! I (re)considered getting a 600 this past weekend but picked up another 500 (on clearance) as a backup/additional reader.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #12
Seventh Son
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelC View Post
My experience has been that powered USB hubs don't work with the Sony PRS 600. Have you had success with this?
Yes. Using a powered hub without any problem. Not sure what could've possibly gone wrong.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #13
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
Excellent! My 600 delievered today, although it took two trys, Purolator had trouble finding me...even though they had a delivery across the street, literally less than 25 feet away. One question silly probably! how do I bookmark my page?
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #14
booksonthemove
Connoisseur
booksonthemove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 with latest Calibre and Linux Ubuntu-9.10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shineofleo View Post
Hold it like a book (ie: tilt it, don't look at it perpendicular but at an angle.)

Also keep a cloth of the type you'd use for cleaning spectacles handy.
booksonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminarovich View Post
One question silly probably! how do I bookmark my page?
To bookmark a page, go to 'Options' then choose 'Create/Edit Notes'. In the upper right corner you will see the bookmark icon next to the X. Do this same process to remove a bookmark.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote