Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #5221
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just bought this Samson Carbon 49....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Haha. Being mostly a player of piano I am stuck with most purchases being around $1500....
The Carbon 49 came yesterday, but couldn't hook it to my iPad because I didn't realize until after I ordered it that I needed an iPad camera connector to connect the USB to the iPad. When I did realize it (by reading the downloaded manual beforehand) I ordered one from Apple that arrived this morning. Now everything is hooked up and running smooth.

First impressions:
  • Set up couldn't be easier: just plug and play.
  • Since it runs off the iPad battery, I expected it to be a huge drain on the same, but was pleasantly surprised to find that the drain was very minimal. I should have expected it, of course. A qwerty keyboard isn't a huge drain, so why should this be? It's not like the device has its own tone banks, speakers, or even cpu. It's just a keyboard, after all.
  • I was really (and very pleasantly) surprised by the ultra low latency. I couldn't detect a bit of hesitation between playing the notes and hearing their sound. Of course, I suspect that would be true with any unpowered keyboard.
  • I was unimpressed by the iPad cradle. With or without the additional rubber supports provided, a person would be foolish to carry this from one table to another without first removing the iPad. It is not held securely at all. So much so that I wonder if perhaps the idea of linking this keyboard to the iPad was an afterthought.

So far the only app I've tried with it is Garage Band, and that very little, but my first impressions are very favorable. At $99 it's a steal, even though there needs a better way to secure the iPad in the music holder.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #5222
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
I just bought that for my Paperwhite. I was surprised that the "Kindle Panel View" seems to work well on it. I've never read graphic novels on my Kindle in the past because before that feature came along, they were just too hard on the eyes.

Of course, I could have bought and read it in color on my iPad, but seeing the man of steel in a black and white medium suited my present mood.
One thing that struck me about the series is that, although it is in color, it looked like it was done in sepia tone. This made Superman's costume stand out when it made its appearance.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #5223
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
and the topic of this thread is ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #5224
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #5225
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
There's another thread for questions.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #5226
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
A long time ago, in a post so far away from this one...

*Trumpets Blare!*

CORRUPT-A-TOPIC THREAD!

It's a thread of confusion and disorganization, one that takes any topic and immediately moves the thread in a new and completely unrelated direction.

But forces gather to try and take the thread in a specific direction...

*A massive post appears on the horizon, threatening to dominate the thread.*
Old 06-10-2013, 12:44 AM   #5227
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Oh! I thought the topic was corruption, in all its forms (except politics and religion, of course).
So, for example: rusting, rotting, mold; but not fermentation.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #5228
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suppose we should talk about beer then. I'm rather fond of Kilkenny.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #5229
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

How does Kilkenny feel about you?
Old 06-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #5230
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Before or after being drunk?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #5231
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #5232
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Some of these infomercials slay me. Take the exercise video by "Shaun T" called "Hip Hop Abs". Now, for all I know this might be the best exercise video in the history of ever, so I'm not going to rag on something I know absolutely nothing about. That's the job of people who criticize movies they've never seen and books they've never read, and from what I can tell they're very good at it. But what caught my attention was the praise of one of one of the starry-eyed devotees of the program. "It's like Shaun was speaking to me personally through the video," she said breathlessly. Un, lady—I hate to be the one to break this to you, but what you're describing is a psychotic break from reality. If people continue to communicate with you one-on-one through the TV, radio, or movie screen, seek help. You just may be schizophrenic.

This has been a private service message for the lady from the infomercial who receives personal messages through her DVD player.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #5233
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

This is neat as all get-out!

Had not Maurice Bernard Sendak, illustrator and author of children's books, died in May of 2012, he would have been 85 years old today, June 10, 2013.

You must go to https://www.google.com/ today and click on the logo. It's one of their best!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Google Logo 06 10 2013 - the late Maurice Sendak's 85th birthday.PNG
Views:	142
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	106871  
Old 06-11-2013, 02:39 AM   #5234
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard

One thing I've noticed is that the following greetings are fine:

- Good morning
- Good afternoon
- Good evening

However, the following greeting seems very awkward when you use it:

- Good night

While it follows the pattern of the previous greetings, it seems like you are saying goodbye to someone instead of greeting someone when you say it. Would it be better to use "Good evening" after midnight?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #5235
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Had not Maurice Bernard Sendak, illustrator and author of children's books, died in May of 2012, he would have been 85 years old today, June 10, 2013.

You must go to https://www.google.com/ today and click on the logo. It's one of their best!
It was a great one. Very entertaining.

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness