Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-13-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
Wiggles
Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo
Setting Image width on news feed

Hi All,

I just got myself a Kobo & intalled Calibre (the best piece of software i've used in a long time). I've have been busily adding custom feeds to my schedule and learning lots of little things about CSS and HTML.

I'm striking a problem with my news feeds - If the images pulled in from the website are too large for the Kobo, Calibre resizes them to fit (as it should).

The problem is, the maximum image width appears to be set to 566, while the widest image the Kobo can display is 540 pixels according to this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=12

This means that the right side of large images appear scrolled off the screen (i imagine very tall images would be scrolled off the bottom also, but haven't struck this yet).

Is there a way to change the maximum image width for Kobo? I can't find any way to mess about with the plug-in.
Failing that, is there any sort of CSS kung-fu that i could use in the news recipe to change the img width tags if thay are over a certain size? (i don't know enough Python to do this myself yet)
Wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Kobo output profile will be fixed in next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #3
Wiggles
Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo
Awesome.

Thanks for the fast reply!
Wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote