Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
Any way to automate editting metadata?

I am cleaning up a library so I click on some books then I click the "Edit Metadata" icon then on the drop down menu I click on "Edit metadata in bulk" then click on the "Search and Replace" tab then click on "search field" drop down to and click on "title". I do this hundreds of times

Then I enter the search field then the replace field (this I am happy with) but the preceeding sequence is a bit painful when you are doing it hundreds of times

Is there a shortcut or can I define one to take me straight to the "search" line of the Search and Replace the title dialogue?
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Cinderela
Enthusiast
Cinderela began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You must select ALL records you want to change. Click on the number in the far left column, scroll with the mouse wheel down to the last record you want to change, hold down the "shift" key and click on the number in the last record.

The records selected will turn blue. Go to "bulk convert", enter your information and press OK. All the records will queue to change the information.

This applies to ALL "bulk" changes.
Cinderela is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@ Cinderella
Search and replace is only available in Bulk Mode.

@Louwin

You may be going at this the wrong way.
Exactly what are you trying to fix?

Authors (any single name), Publishers, Tags can all be renamed (if the new name exists, they will combine with the others) via the Tag Browser and/or Manage button at the bottom. This fixes all occurrences.

S&R is useful for removing other extraneous stuff from a field (eg Series included with Author)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
louwin
Newbie Nerd
louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.louwin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3 64Gb Black
I know about making the bulk edits within one field AND from title to series etc.

What I am asking about is the long multiple "click" process.

Click on Edit metadata icon, click on Search & Replace tab, click on search field selector, scroll down to and click on title (and maybe click on destination field selector, scroll down to and click on series)

What I am asking is for a shortcut to preselect ALL or most of the "clicks"?

Select some books, press ctrl+something and the Search & Replace dialog comes up with search field (title) (and destination field (series)) pre-selected and ready to enter search details and replace details, press OK

A shortcut to avoid so many clicks

Sorry I wasn't clear on what I wanted
louwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by louwin View Post
I know about making the bulk edits within one field AND from title to series etc.

What I am asking about is the long multiple "click" process.

Click on Edit metadata icon, click on Search & Replace tab, click on search field selector, scroll down to and click on title (and maybe click on destination field selector, scroll down to and click on series)

What I am asking is for a shortcut to preselect ALL or most of the "clicks"?

Select some books, press ctrl+something and the Search & Replace dialog comes up with search field (title) (and destination field (series)) pre-selected and ready to enter search details and replace details, press OK

A shortcut to avoid so many clicks

Sorry I wasn't clear on what I wanted
N, you were clear on what you WANTED.
What you are avoiding is what you are trying to ACCOMPLISH in the end

There are sometimes many ways to the end in Calibre.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert