Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #16
kevinpars
Connoisseur
kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I am still waiting to get my Kindle, but an idea that occurred to is that since it is possible to use your own screensaver pictures, perhaps the group could collect ones that look good and make them available - non copyrighted material of course.
kevinpars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #17
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
That's a GREAT Idea.

I really like this feature. I was hoping it would add to the existing screen savers because I really like some of them but I have created a handfull and formatted/tested them on my kindle.

I have tested all of these on my kindle. BadBarn is my favorite but I also really like the look of the John Calvin image too. The "Book of Kells" images took a lot of tweaking to get the contrast even this good. Wood engravings seem to translate better than woodcuts.

If anybody has a image they would like to get formatted (600X800 8bit greyscale) send it to me at jacksonunit#gmail.com (where #=@) and I will try to hammer it down for you and publish it on my new Kindleunit page.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #18
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Very nice collection!! Thanks!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:13 AM   #19
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

More on the way...

Click image for larger version

Name:	KS_fomenko7.JPG
Views:	953
Size:	308.2 KB
ID:	11221
Old 03-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #20
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

Nine...

Nine new Kindle Screens formatted for her pleasure at...

http://jacksonunit.googlepages.com/kindleunit
Old 03-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #21
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

Several curious images formatten for der Kindie uft erten gasta mach...

CLICKIE

PLEASE HEAP PRAISE AND LAUD AND HONOR UPON MINE HEAD FOR THUS DOING LEAST I BECOME WONY AND STOPPIT.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #22
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
How about a little karma? :-D
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #23
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
How about a little karma? :-D

I could never catch up to the point where that would pay off.

Actually, I just want to know if this is being enjoyed, tolerated, or frowned upon. It's not a LOT of work but I WOULD rather be tying flies.

Last edited by jacksonunit; 03-06-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #24
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I don't know about anyone else, but I like them.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #25
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

Ok then. I'll keep churning em out. I probably have enough flies to last me the rest of my life anyway.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #26
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't put any of them onto my Kindle yet (still enjoying the originals) but I AM downloading all that you put up here. Where *DO* you get such strange images???! Victorian garb plus wings?? Wow!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #27
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I haven't put any of them onto my Kindle yet (still enjoying the originals) but I AM downloading all that you put up here. Where *DO* you get such strange images???! Victorian garb plus wings?? Wow!
All of the weird winged people images are from Max Ernst's "Une Semaine de Bonté" which is a graphic novel he put together by chopping images out of a Victorian encyclopedia. I have always loved them and they just happen to fit my criteria for Kindleification.

1) Interesting images
2) Highly Tonal in nature
3) Composed in or readily adjusted to a 6nX8n frame
4) Public Domain

I have tested all of the images before putting them on the page and I have wound up ditching about half of my attempts. I am slowly developing an eye for what will translate well to eInk images.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #28
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

SIX MORE

The Beatles
I Want to Believe
Merman
Elements
Pale Rider
The Unanimous Declaration

enjoy

http://jacksonunit.googlepages.com/kindleunit
Old 03-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #29
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Hey, that periodic table (the elements) is a cool idea! Thanks for all these!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #30
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Love the pictures!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote