Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #16
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
The newsstand has a new setup as all as more choices..
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #17
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
According to the instructions, do a settings->sync, then put it in standby. Mine rebooted within a few minutes after that, and now I'm on 6.2.
Yep, that did it. The trick is to put the Fire in Standby after selecting Settings and Sync. Exactly as you said, after it downloads you will see the Fire reboot and you will be running 6.2. This may take a few minutes because this is a large update. Be patient.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-29-2011 at 08:48 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #18
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Promise not to get too excited? I think the cloud now works with personal documents. A non Amazon book I emailed to my Fire is in my Archive!
Never mind. If it is in the cloud it darn sure won't sync! I guess docs you email to your Fire may have always shown in Archive and I just didn't notice. My personal docs emailed to my K3 or K4 still don't show in Archive on Fire.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Color, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Never mind. If it is in the cloud it darn sure won't sync! I guess docs you email to your Fire may have always shown in Archive and I just didn't notice. My personal docs emailed to my K3 or K4 still don't show in Archive on Fire.
I was under the impression that personal docs, at least on the new Kindles and the Fire, are archived and can be synced between devices. Guess I should test it myself.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #20
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
The update doesn't interfere with my side-loaded apps that I have checked so far. Go Launcher still works just fine as does Opera Mobile/Mini. Off to check on some more...
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #21
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Drats!!!

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #22
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I was under the impression that personal docs, at least on the new Kindles and the Fire, are archived and can be synced between devices. Guess I should test it myself.
It is a muddy, confusing area with the Fire. Personal docs cannot be archived via the Fire and thus cannot be Whispersynced where highlighting and notes also get synced. Only syncing allowed for emailed personal docs is furthest page read.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
MarkY
MarkY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Are you not asked if you want to install this update or is it an automatic? If it just updates without asking for confirmation, that is pretty invasive.
MarkY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #24
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
Are you not asked if you want to install this update or is it an automatic? If it just updates without asking for confirmation, that is pretty invasive.
It just installed without asking. I think all Kindles do that.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #25
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yes. Kindles have always auto-updated.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #26
jswinden
Nameless Being

I quickly went through the settings options and didn't see anything new. Typical no documentation on what was updated, damn Amazon. I really don't see anything new or different. Possibly just fixes, although going from 6.1 to 6.2 would normally suggest a major update. Oh well we will probably figure it out about the time 6.7 is released.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #27
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Well, everything seems milliseconds quicker in execution. There is a site which states that some of the rooted programs were changed but nothing was in place to stop a user from rooting the device again. I don't intend on rooting my kindle so I can't verify their results.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1368784
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #28
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Good chance the update was to tidy up some known loose ends. Sometimes software takes being released into the public, to discover what was missed. Beta testing can only go so far, with production deadlines looming.

Wild guess!
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #29
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGolf View Post
Well, everything seems milliseconds quicker in execution. There is a site which states that some of the rooted programs were changed but nothing was in place to stop a user from rooting the device again. I don't intend on rooting my kindle so I can't verify their results.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1368784
I was rooted, and can verify that I had to re-root, but I did not have to re-install Android Market.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #30
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Color, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
The update doesn't interfere with my side-loaded apps that I have checked so far. Go Launcher still works just fine as does Opera Mobile/Mini. Off to check on some more...
Thanks!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote