Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
HughA
HughA began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
New Reader Store in UK

Got an email today telling me about the new Reader Store for the UK with a free book offer. Unfortunately I can no longer access the Reader Store on my PRST1. I get a message saying "The requested URL /auth was not found on this server" Has anyone else come across this problem? I can still get to the Reader Store via my PC but its not as convenient.
HughA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You need to reset your password. Do that from your computer, and you'll probably be able to access from your PRTS1 again.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
HughA

I did change my password as instructed in the e-mail but still can't access from PRST1.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
HughA

Found I can access the Reader Store by entering the url directly into the PRST1 browser but I can't access it from the Reader Store button on the home page.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Same problem. The reader store has different url. Just checked to see if there is a firmware update available which there isn't. I assume Sony will release this soon
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I sent email to support to ask when this might happen. The reply was that it had been escalated up the chain.
Also just read on digital reader blog that the new store is powered by txtr. They provide their services for many different ebook stores so not sure what that means for sony readers in the mid term.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
thomasn75
Groupie

Now reader store works again. Cleaner layout. No Newspapers any more. They must have set up a redirection.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
That's interesting. I had a subscription to the Daily Mail Sunday edition which Sony sent notification a few weeks ago was going away. There are no more UK newspapers in the US store now.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote